Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Virtual Controller IP suddenly not reachable, neither direct IPs of IAPs in a IAP215/IAP225 cluster

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Virtual Controller IP suddenly not reachable, neither direct IPs of IAPs in a IAP215/IAP225 cluster

Posted Mar 29, 2020 04:56 PM

Hi

as topic describes, simple IAP215/225 cluster which was upgraded from 8.5.0.6 to 8.6.0.2 last week . Today wanted to check webui for somewhat - i dont really remember - but the static virtual controller IP wasnt reachable, no ping , neither single IP's (dhcp both) of the 2 IAP were reachable , normally i enter the virtual IP with http:// and it auto-redirects to the :4343 , same happens when accessing the single IAPs IP adress (you all know by yourselves).

environment:

really simple 192.168.0.0/24 network, no vlans, no special config used. 

just hard plugged out both IAPs and et voila virtualcontroller IP again reachable . no client issue with the ping/access as i tested from 3 different clients. from my opinion (never had this) the webUI just stopped responding. im about to upgrade to 8.6.0.3 tomorrow , just wanted to ask the community if someone else experienced this after upgrading to 8.6.0.2 

regards and keep on going, i like this place!

benjamin

• 2.  RE: Virtual Controller IP suddenly not reachable, neither direct IPs of IAPs in a IAP215/IAP225 cluster

Posted Mar 31, 2020 07:59 AM

Hi, 

Any specific reason to upgrade from 8.5 to 8.6 ?

When you click on Check Firmware, what does it return (i think it returns 8.3 or 8.4). This is the version you can use.