Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Virtual Controller Managed Internet Access Not Working After Changing Primary VLAN

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Virtual Controller Managed Internet Access Not Working After Changing Primary VLAN

Posted Mar 09, 2020 01:17 PM

I changed the primay vlan on a switch from vlan 1 to vlan 100.

After doing that the internet access for a guest SSID is no longer working.

The IAP access points are untagged in the new primary vlan 100 and tagged in the new data vlan of 90.

The clients that connect to the guest SSID get a an IP address (172.31.98.0/23), but will not access the internet.

Under Client IP & VLAN Assignment I have 'Virtual Controller Managed' selected. And under 'Client VLAN assignment' I have Default selected.

Anyone see what I am missing?

Thank you,

• 2.  RE: Virtual Controller Managed Internet Access Not Working After Changing Primary VLAN

Posted Mar 09, 2020 01:36 PM

Dear,

Help to answer the following

1) What is the management vlan of IAP itself (Vlan ID and subnet)

2) Is the management vlan tagged or untagged for IAP? 

3) From IAP cli, are you able to ping any website on internet such as ping google.com ?

• 3.  RE: Virtual Controller Managed Internet Access Not Working After Changing Primary VLAN

Posted Mar 09, 2020 02:34 PM

1. Where do I go and find the VLAN info for the IAP? Network is a 10.*.*.0/24

2. Management VLAN is untagged for the IAP

3. I logged in and it wont ping.

• 4.  RE: Virtual Controller Managed Internet Access Not Working After Changing Primary VLAN

Posted Mar 09, 2020 03:52 PM

Hi, 

See below for understanding about the management vlan of IAP

1) By default IAP's management traffic (interface E0) is sent out untagged

2) Since the traffic is untagged, the switchport on switch can be configured with IAP management vlan in 2 ways (assuming you didnt change the value in uplink vlan in individual IAPs)

a) Native Vlan

b) access port 

3) So in your case, you need to check what is the status of your switch's port? you can determine the IAP management vlan basically from the switch

4) Since you are not able to ping, but you were able to ping i believe you had DNS working for you. Since if IP address assignment is set to virtual controller assigned, then all the traffic from guest IPs is Nat'd to E0 ip.

So can you check which vlan IAP belongs to now?

• 5.  RE: Virtual Controller Managed Internet Access Not Working After Changing Primary VLAN

Posted Mar 09, 2020 03:57 PM

The port the IAP is plugged into on the switch is untagged for the management (primary) vlan.

• 6.  RE: Virtual Controller Managed Internet Access Not Working After Changing Primary VLAN
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 10, 2020 01:24 AM
    Can you plug in your laptop on the same port and see if internet is working?

• 7.  RE: Virtual Controller Managed Internet Access Not Working After Changing Primary VLAN
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 17, 2020 10:21 AM

Issue was there was no internet on range.

Thank you,