Controllerless Networks

New Contributor

WAP2 Key message 4

Hello,everyone. I had a very strange problem.Some clients can be connected, while others cannot. I check the log on the controller:

Nov 26 19:44:35 <authmgr 132093> <ERRS> | authmgr| WPA2 Key message 4 from Station cc:5f:bf:95:a2:03 6c:f3:7f:95:4f:10 1#191-(18-23)-out-C92300 did not match the replay counter 035 VS 036
Nov 26 19:44:35 <authmgr 132093> <ERRS> | authmgr| WPA2 Key message 4 from Station cc:5f:bf:88:cc:b4 6c:f3:7f:95:15:e0 4#481-(18-23)-out-J02308 did not match the replay counter 013377 vs 013378

This is a hospital with 1 7240 as master and 4 M3 as local.Befor the problem , the os is 6.4.4.3. Last night I upgraded the controller to 6.4.4.14.

In addition, the hospital security equipment found that there was a desktop in the wired network that was threatened by an attack virus, so it shut down the port on the access switch. Except for the above two operations, there is no other operation, so it is suspected that an attack on WAP2 has been received. Ask you whether you have encountered this problem, how to solve it.

Guru Elite

Re: WAP2 Key message 4

Is this happening to multiple clients or a single client?

How often is this happening?

What kind of client is it?

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
New Contributor

It lasted two days, with random terminals, including Android phones, Apple phones and Windows laptops. Some terminals can be connected at the beginning, and some can't be connected at all.

Guru Elite

Being unable to complete key exchange is sometimes because of wireless interference or contention.  If there was alot of broadcast traffic on the wired network, that might have been propagated to the wireless and caused your issue.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: