Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

We keep getting " Blocked devices" when trying to add new IAP in Aruba Central. How can we troublesh

This thread has been viewed 17 times
  • 1.  We keep getting " Blocked devices" when trying to add new IAP in Aruba Central. How can we troublesh

Posted Dec 27, 2016 01:59 PM

It is a new device that I'm trying to add, but it says blocked device on Aruba Central. Could someone pls advice as what can be done for this issue?

Regards,

Nivedita Aravindan

• 2.  RE: We keep getting " Blocked devices" when trying to add new IAP in Aruba Central. How can we troublesh

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 29, 2016 12:12 PM

Do you have the AP assigned from a license perspective in Global Settings --> Devices and Subscriptions --> Device Provisioning?

• 3.  RE: We keep getting " Blocked devices" when trying to add new IAP in Aruba Central. How can we troublesh

Posted Feb 23, 2017 03:42 AM

Hi Nivedita,

This will generally occur if device is mapped to incorrect customer account in our repository & license is assigned to it.

If this is the case, we need to moved to your account so that it can be added on Central.

• 4.  RE: We keep getting " Blocked devices" when trying to add new IAP in Aruba Central. How can we troublesh

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 24, 2020 09:51 AM

Check Aruba Activate. Confirm that the MAC you are trying to add is either not listed in activate, or in the 'default' folder. I had an AP in a folder other than default and received the same error in Central. After I moved the AP to the default folder in Activate I was able to add it in Central without a problem.