Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

What is the correct antenna orientation on the IAP-204?

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  What is the correct antenna orientation on the IAP-204?

Posted Jun 17, 2015 11:19 AM

What is the correct antenna orientation for a IAP-204? Either for a ceiling or wall mount. I have been trying to find documentation, but cannot.

• 2.  RE: What is the correct antenna orientation on the IAP-204?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 17, 2015 11:27 AM

It depends on the antenna.  Which external antenna is it and what coverage are you trying to acheive?

• 3.  RE: What is the correct antenna orientation on the IAP-204?

Posted Jun 17, 2015 11:39 AM

PN: AP-ANT-1W

DESC: 2.4G/4DB, 5G/6DB, OMNI, RPSMA, DM, WHITE

These are for high school classroom useage. We just rescently bought 350 units of the APIN0204 and are beginning to install them. We don't want to revisit each classroom.

Do we even need to attach the external antennae? Are there internal antennae in these devices?

• 4.  RE: What is the correct antenna orientation on the IAP-204?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 17, 2015 11:44 AM

The 204 is the external antenna version of the AP205.  You need to install the antennas vertically:

If the AP is mounted on the wall, the antenna should be oriented straight up and down vertically.  If the AP is mounted on the ceiling, the antennas need to be bent at an angle so that they are all vertical, straight up and down.

Yes, you need to install antennas on that AP.

• 5.  RE: What is the correct antenna orientation on the IAP-204?

Posted Jun 17, 2015 11:59 AM

Thank you Colin

• 6.  RE: What is the correct antenna orientation on the IAP-204?

Posted Oct 17, 2016 11:23 AM

Hi All,

I was thinking exactly the same, having the antennas straight down in a 'parrallel' fasion, thinking divercity.

but then I saw the hardware install guide where they say that you need to position them looking 'left' and 'right' in a 45° angle?

Can you clarify this?

• 7.  RE: What is the correct antenna orientation on the IAP-204?