Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Which AP models are supported in Aruba 6.5.4.3

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  Which AP models are supported in Aruba 6.5.4.3

Posted Sep 05, 2018 02:32 AM

Hi Gurus , 

I am going to upgarde my Controllers 7210 ( active standby ) from 6.5.2.2  to 6.5.4.3 . I just want to know which AP models are supported in 6.5.4.3 . I have checked the release notes for 6.5.4.3 but its not telling clearly which AP models are supported in this release . I would request the experts please guide which AP models would be supported in this Release (6.5.4.3 ) . I am very new to Aruba Products as i have cisco background and its my first post on this platform . Hope i will get the guidance from you guys soon as i have planned the upgarde tomorrow .

Regards ,

Muddy.

• 2.  RE: Which AP models are supported in Aruba 6.5.4.3

Posted Sep 05, 2018 02:49 AM

Check this link:

https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/end-of-life/#AccessPoints

FInd your AP models and make sure your dont exceed the code version for your APs.

• 3.  RE: Which AP models are supported in Aruba 6.5.4.3

Posted Sep 05, 2018 04:38 AM

On top of the above answer, I have not seen any discontinued AP support within a major release (6.5 for example), only between major releases such as going from 6.3.x.x to 6.4.x.x

But it may happen in the future so dont take that for granted.

• 4.  RE: Which AP models are supported in Aruba 6.5.4.3

Posted Sep 05, 2018 08:51 AM

Hi Dojan , 

Thanks for your valuable suggestion , but still i am looking for my answer . I have almost around 350 AP,s and they are the Models which i have mentioed ( AP 205 , AP 205H, AP 215, AP275). will 6.5.4.3 support these models ? 

Regards ,

Mudassar.

• 5.  RE: Which AP models are supported in Aruba 6.5.4.3

Posted Sep 05, 2018 04:52 AM

Hi Jemmy , 

Thanks a lot you have shared the link which is having the details of AP,s . I am using the below AP models , appreciate if you could confirm that these AP,s would be supported by 6.5.4.3 . Please find the below AP Models .

Aruba AP 205

Aruba AP 205 H

Aruba AP 215

Aruba AP 275

Aruba AP 175 

I am really grateful that you have got time and answer my query , wish you all the best and have a great day .

Regards ,

Mudassar.

• 6.  RE: Which AP models are supported in Aruba 6.5.4.3

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 05, 2018 12:49 PM

@muddy wrote:

Hi Jemmy , 

Thanks a lot you have shared the link which is having the details of AP,s . I am using the below AP models , appreciate if you could confirm that these AP,s would be supported by 6.5.4.3 . Please find the below AP Models .

Aruba AP 205

Aruba AP 205 H

Aruba AP 215

Aruba AP 275

Aruba AP 175 

I am really grateful that you have got time and answer my query , wish you all the best and have a great day .

Regards ,

Mudassar.

All AP models listed above are supported with 6.5.4.x. I would recommend upgrading to 6.5.4.8 rather than 6.5.4.3 unless you were specifically instructed to go to 6.5.4.3 for a unique issue.

• 7.  RE: Which AP models are supported in Aruba 6.5.4.3

Posted Sep 05, 2018 01:41 PM

Hi cclemmer , 

• 8.  RE: Which AP models are supported in Aruba 6.5.4.3

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 05, 2018 01:50 PM

@muddy wrote:

Hi cclemmer , 

Yes, that is correct.

• 9.  RE: Which AP models are supported in Aruba 6.5.4.3

Posted Sep 05, 2018 05:00 AM

Hi Guys , 

I am planning to upgrade the 7210 Controllers which are in active/standby mode . The current version is 6.5.2.2 and the AP models are 205 , 205h,215, 275 . I would like to ask the questions also . 

1. will all the certificate working after the upgarde from 6.5.2.2 to 6.5.4.3 .

2. Should i apply the image first on Master controller and reload it and than do the same with standby ?

Regards ,

Mudassar.

• 10.  RE: Which AP models are supported in Aruba 6.5.4.3

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 05, 2018 12:54 PM

@muddy wrote:

2. Should i apply the image first on Master controller and reload it and than do the same with standby ?

The release notes provide details on the upgrade procedure. In short, make sure you have a flashbackup prior to performing the upgrade so that you can revert the change if needed. Install 6.5.4.x on the backup partition of both controllers. Both controllers should be upgraded at the same time, to ensure data synchronization between the master/backup master continues.

• 11.  RE: Which AP models are supported in Aruba 6.5.4.3

Posted Sep 05, 2018 01:50 PM

Hi Charlie , 

Thanks you so much man , you really have given clear plan of action . I have one more question hope you can answer me about that also . You have mentioned i should copy the image in the nonboot partition . After copying the image in suppose partition 1 , should i have to set the controller to use the image in partition 1 or it will automatically takes the newly insattled image . I have checked the release notes doc , they havent mentioned that we have to set the boot parametrs . As per the doc they said copy the image in nonboot partition and relaod the controller. Appreciate if you could guide  should i set the boot parametrs after image is copied  for example ,, boot system partition 1,, . Hope you can clarifie this point too .

Regards ,

Mudassar.

• 12.  RE: Which AP models are supported in Aruba 6.5.4.3

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 05, 2018 02:01 PM

@muddy wrote:

Hi Charlie , 

Thanks you so much man , you really have given clear plan of action . I have one more question hope you can answer me about that also . You have mentioned i should copy the image in the nonboot partition . After copying the image in suppose partition 1 , should i have to set the controller to use the image in partition 1 or it will automatically takes the newly insattled image . I have checked the release notes doc , they havent mentioned that we have to set the boot parametrs . As per the doc they said copy the image in nonboot partition and relaod the controller. Appreciate if you could guide  should i set the boot parametrs after image is copied  for example ,, boot system partition 1,, . Hope you can clarifie this point too .

Once the new image is uploaded, you should see the former backup partition now listed as the default boot partition. You can verify this via the CLI with "show image version", or via the WebUI at Maintenance -> Image Management.

• 13.  RE: Which AP models are supported in Aruba 6.5.4.3

Posted Sep 05, 2018 02:02 PM

Hi Charlie , 

Thanks for your prompt reply , God bless you :) 

Regards ,

Muddy.