Controllerless Networks

Contributor I

Which AP models are supported in Aruba 6.5.4.3

Hi Gurus , 

I am going to upgarde my Controllers 7210 ( active standby ) from 6.5.2.2  to 6.5.4.3 . I just want to know which AP models are supported in 6.5.4.3 . I have checked the release notes for 6.5.4.3 but its not telling clearly which AP models are supported in this release . I would request the experts please guide which AP models would be supported in this Release (6.5.4.3 ) . I am very new to Aruba Products as i have cisco background and its my first post on this platform . Hope i will get the guidance from you guys soon as i have planned the upgarde tomorrow .

Regards ,

Muddy.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Which AP models are supported in Aruba 6.5.4.3

Check this link:

https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/end-of-life/#AccessPoints

FInd your AP models and make sure your dont exceed the code version for your APs.

MVP

On top of the above answer, I have not seen any discontinued AP support within a major release (6.5 for example), only between major releases such as going from 6.3.x.x to 6.4.x.x

But it may happen in the future so dont take that for granted.

Aranya AB, Sweden
ACMP, ACCA, CWNA, CWDP
Contributor I

Hi Jemmy , 

Thanks a lot you have shared the link which is having the details of AP,s . I am using the below AP models , appreciate if you could confirm that these AP,s would be supported by 6.5.4.3 . Please find the below AP Models .

Aruba AP 205

Aruba AP 205 H

Aruba AP 215

Aruba AP 275

Aruba AP 175 

I am really grateful that you have got time and answer my query , wish you all the best and have a great day .

Regards ,

Mudassar.

Contributor I

Hi Guys , 

I am planning to upgrade the 7210 Controllers which are in active/standby mode . The current version is 6.5.2.2 and the AP models are 205 , 205h,215, 275 . I would like to ask the questions also . 

1. will all the certificate working after the upgarde from 6.5.2.2 to 6.5.4.3 .

2. Should i apply the image first on Master controller and reload it and than do the same with standby ?

Regards ,

Mudassar.

Contributor I

Hi Dojan , 

Thanks for your valuable suggestion , but still i am looking for my answer . I have almost around 350 AP,s and they are the Models which i have mentioed ( AP 205 , AP 205H, AP 215, AP275). will 6.5.4.3 support these models ? 

Regards ,

Mudassar.

@muddy wrote:

Hi Jemmy , 

Thanks a lot you have shared the link which is having the details of AP,s . I am using the below AP models , appreciate if you could confirm that these AP,s would be supported by 6.5.4.3 . Please find the below AP Models .

Aruba AP 205

Aruba AP 205 H

Aruba AP 215

Aruba AP 275

Aruba AP 175 

I am really grateful that you have got time and answer my query , wish you all the best and have a great day .

Regards ,

Mudassar.

All AP models listed above are supported with 6.5.4.x. I would recommend upgrading to 6.5.4.8 rather than 6.5.4.3 unless you were specifically instructed to go to 6.5.4.3 for a unique issue.

Charlie Clemmer
Aruba Customer Engineering

@muddy wrote:

2. Should i apply the image first on Master controller and reload it and than do the same with standby ?

The release notes provide details on the upgrade procedure. In short, make sure you have a flashbackup prior to performing the upgrade so that you can revert the change if needed. Install 6.5.4.x on the backup partition of both controllers. Both controllers should be upgraded at the same time, to ensure data synchronization between the master/backup master continues.

Charlie Clemmer
Contributor I

Hi cclemmer , 

@muddy wrote:

Hi cclemmer , 

Yes, that is correct.

Charlie Clemmer
Search Airheads