Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Which version of AirWave is the most stable and which version of VMware does it run on?

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Which version of AirWave is the most stable and which version of VMware does it run on?

Posted Aug 20, 2015 06:28 PM

First Airwave implementation here.  

Which version of AirWave is the most stable and which version of VMware does it run on? Any installation/configuration tips?

Thank you.

• 2.  RE: Which version of AirWave is the most stable and which version of VMware does it run on?

• 3.  RE: Which version of AirWave is the most stable and which version of VMware does it run on?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 20, 2015 06:32 PM
    The latest (8.0.9) is stable. It will run on ESXi 4 and higher.
    There's not much to deploying it. An OVA is provided and there's also an ISO with an automated installer.

Thanks,
    Tim

• 4.  RE: Which version of AirWave is the most stable and which version of VMware does it run on?

Posted Aug 20, 2015 06:37 PM

Thank you Colin and Tim. Much appreciated!

• 5.  RE: Which version of AirWave is the most stable and which version of VMware does it run on?

Posted Aug 20, 2015 06:39 PM

My systems team wants to know if they should install VMware 5.5 or 6 for me. What would be my answer :)  ?

• 6.  RE: Which version of AirWave is the most stable and which version of VMware does it run on?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 20, 2015 06:40 PM
    If you have the option, go with 6.

Thanks,
    Tim