Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Why my IAP-228 don't broadcast SSID ?

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Why my IAP-228 don't broadcast SSID ?

Posted Jul 28, 2016 09:50 AM
      |   view attached

Hi all,

We have around twenty of IAP-228 with AP-ANT-35 installed at one of our clients.

We have a problem with one AP which not seems to broadcast the SSID configured.
    - This AP is powered by Aruba power-injector, like others.

I attach the "show tech support & tech support supp" at this post.

Hope this thread will help us.

Regards,
    Jeremy

Attachment(s)

txt
    tech-support-b18.txt   246 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: Why my IAP-228 don't broadcast SSID ?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 28, 2016 10:05 AM

Edit:  I would check the power injector or the cabling:

Power Status
    ------------
    Operational State          POE-AF: Ethernet port 1 disabled; All radios disabled;
    -----------------          ------------------------------------------------------
    Current HW State           POE-AF: Ethernet port 1 disabled; All radios disabled;
    LLDP Negotiated POE Power  0.0W

• 3.  RE: Why my IAP-228 don't broadcast SSID ?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 28, 2016 10:07 AM

Saw same thing. Cable or injector, there's no detected 802.3at (802.3at is a requirement for this model). Try new cables and a new power injector if you are sure your injector is 802.3at compliant. 

• 4.  RE: Why my IAP-228 don't broadcast SSID ?

Posted Jul 28, 2016 10:14 AM

This AP is connected to a NETGEAR GS748T (netgear... yes.....). There are 4 IAP-228 connected to this switch, and this is the only AP with which we meet this problem.

Thank for your advices, this confirming a default at cabling level.

I will check both uplink and the Poe Injector and I will keep you informed next week.

Thank you a lot again,

Jeremy

• 5.  RE: Why my IAP-228 don't broadcast SSID ?

Posted Jul 29, 2016 10:35 AM

Hi all,

I found the solution for this AP!

The problem was the uplink cable : it was connected to a small switch (8ports, non-manageable) and this seems to provoke the error message you raised :

Power Status
    ------------
    Operational State          POE-AF: Ethernet port 1 disabled; All radios disabled;
    -----------------          ------------------------------------------------------
    Current HW State           POE-AF: Ethernet port 1 disabled; All radios disabled;
    LLDP Negotiated POE Power  0.0W

Then, I connected the AP on another plug (connected on another switch) and the AP booted correctly and now broadcast correctly the SSIDs configured on the VC (so the PoE injectors were not involved).

We have similar problem in another area on the same site.

There are few IAP-228 (4-5 on 12 in this area) which seem to have the same problem ; I found the same error message in the "show tech-support".

However, the network environment is not the same :

All the 12 IAPs are fixed at about 25 meters of the distribution switch (it's a ProCurve Switch 2520-8-PoE).

The data link is connected to switch and PoE injector and the Power+Data link (outgoing from the PoE injector) is connected to the IAP.

I tried to disable the poe on the switch ports, but it didn't fixed the problem.

Do you have an idea of workaround?

Thank per advance for your help

Best regards, 

Jeremy

• 6.  RE: Why my IAP-228 don't broadcast SSID ?

Posted Aug 05, 2016 03:13 AM

Could anyone help me on this issue ?

I don't have any idea even for troubleshooting...

Thanks per advance

Jeremy

• 7.  RE: Why my IAP-228 don't broadcast SSID ?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 05, 2016 03:53 AM

Did you try replacing the cable?

• 8.  RE: Why my IAP-228 don't broadcast SSID ?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 05, 2016 09:30 AM

What is the power injector model? If you console in to the AP with the included USB cable (you can find the USB drivers on support.arubanetworks.com), what is the output of the AP console when one of these tries to boot up?