Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Wired client cannot ping wireless client vice versa. Aruba Iap

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Wired client cannot ping wireless client vice versa. Aruba Iap

Posted Aug 06, 2020 06:25 AM

Hi,

We're having a problem on connecting wireless client to a wired client. They are both sitting on 2 different VLANs. Wireless clients may connect to 3 different VLANs (140,144,148) and the wired client is on VLAN 208. The switchport configuration we had where the IAPs are connected is a trunk port (VLANs 140,144,148 are allowes while VLAN 48 which is the management VLAN is native). No ACL is configured and the wireless clients have unrestricted access. Also, firewall has no restriction for the wired and wireless client but still they cannot ping each other.

Can anyone please help me to resolve the issue? Thank you

• 2.  RE: Wired client cannot ping wireless client vice versa. Aruba Iap

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 06, 2020 07:19 AM

Hi,

• Did you first confirm that firewall is turned off or allowing this traffic on the devices you are testing from?
    • Did you try to do a traceroute and see where is the traffic being dropped?
    • Do you see the traffic reaching your firewall? Do you see it existing your firewall?
    • Did you try to connect from two wired devices on these vlans and test (removing the IAP from the equation)

• 3.  RE: Wired client cannot ping wireless client vice versa. Aruba Iap

Posted Aug 06, 2020 07:57 PM

Hi Ayman,

Thank you for giving ideas on how to check it. Here some sure facts I have for the moment:

- No firewall is limiting the access of wired and wireless client. The roles I have for all the wireless clients are unrestricted.

- We have not yet done traceroute. I'll tell the client to do traceroute to check where the traffic stops.

- I'll ask the firewall guy to monitor the wireless traffic. But for the record, the wireless client can go out of the public and connect with the internet.

- For the last point you gave. Do you want me to try connect a wired client on the same VLAN where the wireless client is? I'll try that and check if the two can communicate. If this is good, then there is no problem with the IAP, right?

Thank you

• 4.  RE: Wired client cannot ping wireless client vice versa. Aruba Iap

Posted Aug 08, 2020 12:37 AM

Hi Ayman,

I am just curious about something. When I configured this IAP, I also configured the Uplink switch native VLAN and Uplink managment VLAN as VLAN 48. This is the native VLAN of the IAP. As I further read on this. These should not be filled up. Do you think it affects the routing between the wired and wireless users?

Thank you

• 5.  RE: Wired client cannot ping wireless client vice versa. Aruba Iap

Posted Aug 10, 2020 02:54 AM

Hi,

Anyone has an idea?

• 6.  RE: Wired client cannot ping wireless client vice versa. Aruba Iap

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 11, 2020 04:14 AM

If you have your port configured with a native vlan then you don't need to specify the management vlan on the IAP.

If your port is configured with tagged management vlan, then the management vlan needs to be specified.

Did you try to check from wired clients on the same vlan?