Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

can't ping vc or some other iap 205's

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  can't ping vc or some other iap 205's

Posted May 01, 2015 11:53 AM

trying to figure out a problem with the iap-205 cluster

I have 11 ap's

all 11 are on the same vlan and they can all ping the gateway

my pc is on a different vlan plugged in

from my pc I can ping each ap and the vc, even when the ap is misbehaving

if I putty to an ap and try and ping the vc it fails, if i ping the gateway it works

if I try and ping another ap on the same vlan plugged into the same switch stack it fails on over 50% of the ap's

all the iap-205 are in the console and all are working but anywhere from 1 day to 1 week 1, 2 of the iap's will stop giving out address until it is rebooted

also if there is a config change on the system only 9 out of 11 will get the change all the rest give me case out of range errors, I have to remote to the none working ap's and give them a restart, and sometimes I cannot even get to the ap and have to bounce the POE on the switch

I have gone to the TAC and we tested 2 ap cluster on 1 switch in my office and we experienced the same issues so it is something to do with the iap-205 model.

I was told this was a known thing and would be fixed in the next release I am now 3 software releases past when it was supposed to be fixed  and the issue is still happening.  A lot less though, before it was hourly now it is every couple of days.

I am planning on buying more ap's to cover my hospital but i'm not sure I would go with the 205's if this continues to happen

any help would be appreciated

#AP205

• 2.  RE: can't ping vc or some other iap 205's

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 01, 2015 11:57 AM
    If you are already in touch with TAC, you should make sure it is escalated so that your problem can be identified and resolved.

Thank you for posting here so that others who have a similar issue can gain visibility.

• 3.  RE: can't ping vc or some other iap 205's

Posted May 01, 2015 11:59 AM

tac closed the ticket as it was supposed to be fixed in the software update

that didn't help

i'll open another tac ticket

and update this when we have a solution

• 4.  RE: can't ping vc or some other iap 205's

Posted May 08, 2015 07:12 AM
    As CJoseph mentioned, please escalate! You can go through your Aruba SE or Channel manager if the issue is still not resolved.

What version of code are you running?

• 5.  RE: can't ping vc or some other iap 205's

Posted May 08, 2015 11:28 AM

i'm running version 6.4.2.3 - 4.1.2.1_49445

• 6.  RE: can't ping vc or some other iap 205's

Posted May 08, 2015 11:53 AM
    Have you tried 4.1.1.5?

I still suggest escalating your case.

• 7.  RE: can't ping vc or some other iap 205's

Posted May 08, 2015 11:59 AM

I do have a ticket open and will update this ticket when I get a solution

I will try that version of the software and update the ticket but this issues has been around with every version of the software that I have tried