Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

cannot access network resources on IAP-215 and IAP-225

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  cannot access network resources on IAP-215 and IAP-225

Posted Dec 15, 2015 03:56 PM

Hi,

Please see below setup:

12 IAPs with virtual controller and no mobility controller

Version: 6.4.3.4-4.2.1.0_52602

2 SSIDs:

SSID                   Type                        VLAN                     DHCP

emp_test            employee                   20                       172.31.160.0/255.255.224.0

pub_test             guest                           30                       172.31.192.0/255.255.224.0 

VPN:

Protocol: Manual GRE

Host: 192.168.200.10  --> IP address of VC

GRE Type: 1

Per-AP tunnel: Enabled

I have my test laptop running on Win 7 Pro and we have a domain network. After connecting to the wi-fi on either of the SSIDs, I see my wireless interface showing the domain name which gives me a sign that is it's connecting to the domain. But after the login process, it tells me that I am given a temporary profile because it cannot access the shared folder where my roaming profile is. The shared folder appears on my Windows Explorer but clicking it tells me there's an error while reconnecting which does not happen when I'm wired. I can ping the gateway, DNSes and can do nslookup. This issue drives me crazy and my level of frustration is going high. 

Can anyone help me? 

Ariel

#AP225

• 2.  RE: cannot access network resources on IAP-215 and IAP-225

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 16, 2015 07:00 AM

Do you have any firewall policies attached to the roles of your users that could be blocking traffic?

• 3.  RE: cannot access network resources on IAP-215 and IAP-225

Posted Dec 16, 2015 01:30 PM

Thanks Colin for the reply. As an update, I changed my version to 6.4.2.6-4.1.1.11_52666.

Initially, I have no firewall policies setup. Are you referring to the Security-->Roles tab? I checked everything and allow Source-NAT but still getting the same result.

Ariel

• 4.  RE: cannot access network resources on IAP-215 and IAP-225
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 22, 2015 10:42 AM

I haven't got any reply since. So far, it's working stable now. What I did was to provide Access Rules on each ot the wireless network. I selected any to all destinations and change source address to Access Point's (Source-NAT). This basically solved the issue. Hopefully, this is the last thing that needs to be done prior to production deployment.

Ariel