Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

client match and iphone/ipads

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  client match and iphone/ipads

Posted Sep 17, 2013 05:17 PM

Hi,

we have many apple products including mostly iPad 1, 2, 3 and iPhone 4, 5. We have many sticky client issues today. By any chance  that these old Apple mobile devices will compatible to Aruba's Client Match? Will Client Match resolve the sticky client issues on Apple old devices?

Thank you,

Aldous

• 2.  RE: client match and iphone/ipads

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 17, 2013 05:45 PM

The "sticky" client issue is what clientmatch was designed to solve, even for older devices.  It is designed to work as long as you have 802.11n access points. 

• 3.  RE: client match and iphone/ipads

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 17, 2013 06:14 PM

You will be able to see match moves as well with an Airwave report.

• 4.  RE: client match and iphone/ipads

Posted Sep 18, 2013 10:03 AM

Hi

Thank you for the info.

Base only my research, one of the requirement to make Client Match working is the mobile client device supporting it. (or compatible to it). Therefore, I would like to know if anyone know that iPad 1 and 2 and iPhone 4 and 4s are compatible with Client Match? I can't test it because this is a pre-sales question. We don't have any Aruba AP, yet.

Thank you,

Aldous

• 5.  RE: client match and iphone/ipads
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 18, 2013 10:04 AM

@aldous wrote:

Hi

Thank you for the info.

Base only my research, one of the requirement to make Client Match working is the mobile client device supporting it. (or compatible to it). Therefore, I would like to know if anyone know that iPad 1 and 2 and iPhone 4 and 4s are compatible with Client Match? I can't test it because this is a pre-sales question. We don't have any Aruba AP, yet.

Thank you,

Aldous

Yes.

• 6.  RE: client match and iphone/ipads

Posted Sep 19, 2013 11:32 PM

When I am fault finding sites with sticky iOS devices 75% of the time the issue is being caused by the access point's transmit power being too high and/or the access points are too close together.

Remember that a wireless client roams when it becomes uncomfortable with its current connection (normally triggered by a low RSSI/SNR and/or a rising retry rate) rather than there being a better access point to roam to.  If the access point's transmit power is too high and/or the access points are too close together then the RSSI/SNR remains artifically high and the wireless client will not roam, commonly to its detriment.  If this issue is extreme then the iOS device will disassociate even though the RSSI is very high.