Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

deny-inter-user-bridging works intermittently

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  deny-inter-user-bridging works intermittently

Posted May 01, 2014 05:05 PM

we found this setting enabled in our instant environment. after wiring all our ATVs, have intermittent results when AirPlay between iOS/OSX and ATVs when both are wireless. sometimes both on same iAP connect, sometimes not. sometimes can connect when on defferent iAPs, sometimes not. both are in sameinstant network/SSID (AirGroup is disabled). iAPs are AP225 (47 of them) running current code 6.3.1.4-4.0.0.5_43022. deny-inter-user-brdging is now disabled. still get random results. any ideas?

#AP225

• 2.  RE: deny-inter-user-bridging works intermittently

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 01, 2014 06:47 PM

markquigley,

Are you attempting to connect your wireless devices to wireless ATVs?  Are they both in the same layer 2 VLAN?

What power are all of your access points?

Are you using 20, 40 or 80mhz channels?

• 3.  RE: deny-inter-user-bridging works intermittently

Posted May 05, 2014 05:47 PM

Yes, all ATVs are in same layer 2 as clients. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't (do not see the AirPlay icon on the Mac screen).

We hav all iAPs sitting between 9 and 15dBm and 80MHz channels are enabled. Thx

• 4.  RE: deny-inter-user-bridging works intermittently

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 05, 2014 05:50 PM
    if the majority of your devices can not take advantage of 80 megahertz channels I suggest you drop it down to 40 or 20

• 5.  RE: deny-inter-user-bridging works intermittently

Posted May 06, 2014 03:54 PM

I understand the reasoning behind that suggestion. Unfortunately, it is not a case of the ATV or client not connecting to the channel where HT or VHT starts. The problem I've run into appears to be bridging inside the AP breaks after some period of time. If my client is connected to a broken AP, I cannot reach "anything" on the same layer 2 other than the gateway. We've found that wiring the ATV helps but if the client is on an AP with broken bridging, they can see the service, they just can't connect. One temproary solution has been to reboot the broken AP. How long that lasts remains to be seen.

Working with TAC on this; TAC is working with DEV. Only thing not working is AirPlay (or mounting a share from my laptop sitting right next to me).

• 6.  RE: deny-inter-user-bridging works intermittently

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 06, 2014 03:57 PM

markquigley,

I wish I had access to all the information TAC has before answering; you contacted them knowing it is the best route.

Please keep us here updated.