Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

how do I disable ntp on an instant ap

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  how do I disable ntp on an instant ap

Posted Jun 08, 2015 04:10 PM

for the leap second issue I want to turn off NTP on and instant cluster,  how would I do this?

• 2.  RE: how do I disable ntp on an instant ap

Posted Jun 08, 2015 05:52 PM

I was wondering if it's just as simple as deleting any entry that might be in the NTP server value in the virtual controller?

Nice how they issued the ominous warning in the tech bulletin but didn't bother to add a line about 'how to' in Instant OS. Other than saying 'disable NTP services'

RH

Austin

• 3.  RE: how do I disable ntp on an instant ap
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 08, 2015 06:09 PM

"Q. How to disable NTP service on IAP?Configure the NTP server to an unreachable IP/domain."

• 4.  RE: how do I disable ntp on an instant ap

Posted Jun 09, 2015 08:46 AM

@vidkidruss wrote:

I was wondering if it's just as simple as deleting any entry that might be in the NTP server value in the virtual controller?

Nice how they issued the ominous warning in the tech bulletin but didn't bother to add a line about 'how to' in Instant OS. Other than saying 'disable NTP services'

RH

Austin

If you remove the entry, the IAP has a default NTP server assigned on bootup.

Do as Cjoseph mentioned, configure it to an unreachable domain.

• 5.  RE: how do I disable ntp on an instant ap

Posted Jun 09, 2015 10:40 AM

Thanks all. I'm assuming I only need to make this adjustment on the virtual controller for my IAP group?

RH

• 6.  RE: how do I disable ntp on an instant ap

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 09, 2015 10:42 AM
    Yes.

• 7.  RE: how do I disable ntp on an instant ap

Posted Jun 10, 2015 05:43 PM

We have 120 clusters and while we could make the change in Airwave fairly easily, we're just going to block NTP at the Internet gateway for a few minutes before and after midnight.