Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

iAP Internal Guest portal certificate error

This thread has been viewed 26 times
  • 1.  iAP Internal Guest portal certificate error

Posted Oct 18, 2016 07:38 AM

Hi

Got a bit of a weird problem. I have an iAP cluster where we host a Guest SSID making use of the iAPs internal Captive Portal.

Asof lately more and more people are getting a certificate error and not allowing them to continue or ignore the warning - meaning none of them can connect to th Guest SSID as they cannot access the Captive Portal page ---  IE and Edge are the biggest culprits as Firefox appears to work.

Checking the certificate through Firefox I can see that certificate is signed by Geotrust with an expiration only in the next few years (it is the default iAP cert)...

Any ideas are welcome on why we would get Cert errors on the Portal through some browsers  and not on others and how to correct the error on the other browsers?

• 2.  RE: iAP Internal Guest portal certificate error

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 18, 2016 07:43 AM
    Are you using the built-in cert?

• 3.  RE: iAP Internal Guest portal certificate error

Posted Oct 18, 2016 07:48 AM

Hi

Yes, it is the default built in cert - it was working without a problem and only lately it started to misbehave.

• 4.  RE: iAP Internal Guest portal certificate error
    Best Answer

• 5.  RE: iAP Internal Guest portal certificate error

Posted Oct 18, 2016 08:23 AM

Hi - Thanks for the Fast reply and information.

Why would Firefox work but not the Microsoft Browsers?

The document reffers to loading new self signed and other 3rd party certificates, however the client wants the original functionality he had as when they purchased the system.

How do I restore the original out-of-the-box functionality of the iAP cluster

-- would this be possible in any way?

• 6.  RE: iAP Internal Guest portal certificate error

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 18, 2016 08:27 AM
    No, the certificate has been revoked. As explained in the FAQ, you'll need get get a public certificate.