Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

iap 105 keeps disconnecting from virtual controller

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  iap 105 keeps disconnecting from virtual controller

Posted Sep 15, 2014 05:54 AM

Hello,

I have 3 IAP 105 in my firm for some time now. Two of them (#2 & #3) started to act weird. They disconnect from the controller, but respond to pings. Both have last two network led's at steady red (no idea what that means). I cannot access them by ssh (connection refused). Also connecting to their ip addresses presents me the aruba controller portal, but proper credentials are invalid (also admin/admin).

-If I unplug #3 and restart #2 - #2 connects and works without a problem, but after 1 to 5 minutes it disconnects and same thing happens,

-If I unplug #2 and restart #3 - #3 sometimes does the above, but right now seems to be working fine (after few reboots).

All of them works on the same subnet.

I tried to upgrade firmware, but i cannot find it online, and after allowing full internet access for IAP - "received not response from server"...

Any ideas?

Update: after powering up the #2 IAP after beeing down for about 30 minutes - it remains up and running for and hour now... Maybe they get overheated?

Update: they both went down after 3 hours running...

• 2.  RE: iap 105 keeps disconnecting from virtual controller

Posted Sep 15, 2014 06:57 AM

Update: after powering up the #2 IAP after beeing down for about 30 minutes - it remains up and running for and hour now... Maybe they get overheated?

• 3.  RE: iap 105 keeps disconnecting from virtual controller

Posted Sep 15, 2014 09:53 AM

tricky to troubleshoot from here, i would open a TAC case and let support look at it for you.

if you want to do something yourself have a look at the logs, do they indicate an issue? try connecting a console cable and see what the output is.

for overheating i would expect a very warm room or the IAP somehow enclosed. if that is not the case i wouldn't expect that.