Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

iap on trunked port and internal dhcp

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  iap on trunked port and internal dhcp

Posted Feb 19, 2014 05:46 AM

Hi

im trying to configure my IAP to work on a trunked port. I have vlan 230 that has an dhpc server on a firewall on the subnet 10.250.1.0/24. That works without any problmes but the vlan 300 is also on that trunked port the IAP is connected to but there the clients dont get an ip from the subnet 10.250.70.0/24. Is there any special configuration for an IAP on a trunked port?

when creating the ssid i assing a static vlan for each ssid but it doesnt work.

Also, how do i create a dhcp scope in the IAP and assign it to the vlan 300 (if i would preferr to have the IAP act as dhcp server instead of the firewall)

thanks

/Carlos

• 2.  RE: iap on trunked port and internal dhcp

Posted Feb 19, 2014 06:27 AM
    What is OS version installed in IAP?

• 3.  RE: iap on trunked port and internal dhcp

Posted Feb 19, 2014 10:48 AM

Hi

Im running 6.3.1.2-4.0.0.2  version 

• 4.  RE: iap on trunked port and internal dhcp
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 19, 2014 11:22 AM

"Also, how do i create a dhcp scope in the IAP and assign it to the vlan 300 (if i would preferr to have the IAP act as dhcp server instead of the firewall)"

You can create a "local" DHCP pool and assing it to the VLAN ID 300.

See the picture:

Capture.JPG

• 5.  RE: iap on trunked port and internal dhcp

Posted Feb 20, 2014 04:07 AM

cool, thanks

So theres no extra configuration for an IAP on a tagged port when configuring multiple ssid?

• 6.  RE: iap on trunked port and internal dhcp

Posted Feb 20, 2014 04:33 AM
    Yes...

• 7.  RE: iap on trunked port and internal dhcp

Posted Feb 21, 2014 08:04 AM

when configuring the guest ssid, do i choose the vlan as controller assigned or static vlan?

• 8.  RE: iap on trunked port and internal dhcp

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 21, 2014 08:17 AM

Once you define your DHCP scope, you then tag it to the SSID in question. For this, you would select 'network assigned' over virtual controller assigned which I admit is slightly confusing as the IAP is still assigning the DHCP address. The virtual controller assigned option used vlan 3333 for client ip assignment vs your defined settings.

Adam