Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

instant - forwarding guest traffic to DMZ

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  instant - forwarding guest traffic to DMZ

Posted May 23, 2015 05:40 PM

Hello,

Which of two solution (controller or instant) will be sufficient for my because I would like to deploy IAP but I do not know if IAP is able to do it.

I would like to create two different network ( employee and guest - of course using two different vlan). I would like to forward guest traffic, directly to DMZ because I do not want to configure trunk between my data center and switch (to which IAP are connected). Using controller I am able to assigned one controller ports and forward guest traffic to DMZ.

Thanks in advance for response!

Regards,

Mateusz

• 2.  RE: instant - forwarding guest traffic to DMZ

Posted May 24, 2015 01:29 PM

Hello,

Could anybody help me resolve this issue?

Regards,

Mathew

• 3.  RE: instant - forwarding guest traffic to DMZ

Posted May 24, 2015 03:13 PM

If you have a controller available in the datacenter you can use the GRE VPN feature on IAP to tunnel the traffic back the datacenter. The clients would have their Layer2 breakout at the datacenter.

• 4.  RE: instant - forwarding guest traffic to DMZ

Posted May 24, 2015 03:40 PM

Thank you for information. You mean that controller is always mandatory in this scenerio, don't you?

• 5.  RE: instant - forwarding guest traffic to DMZ

Posted May 25, 2015 05:51 AM

HI,

Yes. IAP will create a GRE tunnel only with Aruba Controller hence Controller is compulsory in this scenario.