Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

instant functionality without uplink

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  instant functionality without uplink

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 16, 2015 02:23 PM

Hi All,

Referring to Page 10 of below link

http://community.arubanetworks.com/aruba/attachments/aruba/IAP/1093/1/Aruba%20Instant%206.2.0.0-3.2%20Release%20Notes.pdf

its mentioned that if IAP reboot time (due to an uplink failure) is more than 5 minutes, the IAP boots again except it is in standalone mode.

So is that the reason why IAP doesnt broadcast any SSID when there is no uplink ?

Also, while searching for an answer on airheads, i have seen expert recommending to enable (or uncheck) disable SSID on uplink failure (even if IAP is not in standalone mode). So i think there is some confusion regarding this functionality, some think it should work while other think it wont work but i dont see any official aruba response on this ? why is that the case ? cant we reach out to aruba instant implementers and ask them this thing ??? :)

• 2.  RE: instant functionality without uplink

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 16, 2015 02:27 PM
    Looks like you're an Aruba employee. You should ask those types of questions internally. ;)

Thanks,
    Tim

• 3.  RE: instant functionality without uplink

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 16, 2015 02:46 PM

Its OK. HPE emplyee new to Aruba products. Ask away here. :-)