Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

instant rap-3wn not working

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  instant rap-3wn not working

Posted May 30, 2014 09:53 AM

I have an instant ap rap-3wn.  I am using it for home use and have done a reset but only see an amber wlan light and no "instant" ssid.  I have tried connecting wired to see if I can obtain ip from any of the E(X) ports but dont get anything.  Is there a default wired ip I can connect to?  What else can be done?

• 2.  RE: instant rap-3wn not working

Posted May 30, 2014 09:57 AM
    Is its E0 port connected to an upstream switch or router that can give out an IP address via DHCP?

• 3.  RE: instant rap-3wn not working

Posted May 30, 2014 10:03 AM

I'm trying to manage the device being that wlan is amber.  If i connect it to my broadband and it gets an IP I don't think it will allow me to manage the device being that this is Untrust no?

@Yan Liu wrote:
    Is its E0 port connected to an upstream switch or router that can give out an IP address via DHCP?

• 4.  RE: instant rap-3wn not working

Posted May 30, 2014 10:06 AM
    If it can get an IP address through its E0 port, it should broadcast the instant SSID.

• 5.  RE: instant rap-3wn not working
    Best Answer

Posted May 30, 2014 10:05 AM

Yes i have made this mistake, it is not the stainless steel port., that is E2. It must be E0 as Yan mentioned.

• 6.  RE: instant rap-3wn not working

Posted May 30, 2014 10:19 AM

It needs an IP before broadcasting the configuration SSID. You will be able to manage, I have a similar lab set-up.

Connect to the Instant SSID then try to navagate to a page then you will be redirected to the login.

• 7.  RE: instant rap-3wn not working

Posted May 30, 2014 03:02 PM

that did it thanks