Controllerless Networks

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

instant ssid

Hi Aruba experts,

I am new to aruba. we have 10 305 IAP. 8 are connecting to the controller fine while 2 are not. LEDs on both are blinking green and they are transmitting "INSTANT" ssid. I can connect to that ssid and login into the instant web gui where i can see the 2 APs. Kindly help me how to connect these 2 APs to the aruba controller like the other 8 APs. Thanks.

Guru Elite

Re: instant ssid

SSH into the AP that is not joining and type "show log system" to see if you can understand what is happening.

There is a video (13 minutes) about troubleshooting instant IAPs not being able to join the cluster here:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Video/VIDEO-Common-Issues-with-Instant-Access-Point-IAP-Not-Joining/ta-p/90318

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Occasional Contributor I

Thanks. I will check it tomorrow morning but plz tell me if there is something as convert to campus ap. We are using 7024 controller. May be this iap was factory reset.
Guru Elite

"plz tell me if there is something as convert to campus ap."

What do you mean?

EDIT:  Yes, you can convert an Instant AP to a Campus AP.  Please search the documentation here:  https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/Instant_83_WebHelp/Web_Help_Index.htm

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: