Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

legrand hkrl10 wireless light switch 2.4ghz and aruba iap 214

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  legrand hkrl10 wireless light switch 2.4ghz and aruba iap 214

Posted Sep 24, 2020 02:54 PM

I'm having issue adding 10 legrand hkrl10 wireless light switches and getting them to them setup on my Aruba 215 iap network. I have qty4 215's and qty1 214 within this network. The location is about 10,000 sq ft.  With the first pairing of the hkrl10 using my ipad or iphone on version 14 (same result on version before that) to the apple home kit(wired) I add the accessory by scanning/or typing the code on the hkrl10 qr code and then the app goes to the next step of connecting. And it just tries connecting till it gives unable to add accessory. If I reboot the all the ap's sometimes I can get them to be added.  Sometimes if I reboot the router as well I can get them added. I'm down to 2 that just won't add. Wifi signal on ipad and iphone show full signal off of the ap's. DHCP is handled by the router. AP's are on 8.5.0.3.

I've tried this same process on an 11th hkrl10 connecting to a 315 and same router and can connect without issue on both a 5/2.4 ghz ssid as well as an 2.4ghz 2nd ssid called lights that i created.   

I'm following:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204893

I don't know what else to try and am about to rip these things out and go with lutron.  The installers have stated they do not have this issue on ubiquity ap networks.  =/

Has anyone else ran across this? 

Thanks
    Dan

---------------------------------

Network topology

Att 1gig fiber modem 

to

NETGEAR Router Nighthawk X6 R8000 (latest update)

to 

NETGEAR ProSAFE JGS524 24-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch 10/100/1000Mbps

directly to 3 of the 215 ap's and the one 214 ap.

|

also off of the 24 port switch 

to NETGEAR 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch GS108

to sonos, directtv, and qty 1 215 ap. It is in a closet with only 1 cable run.

----------------------------

I've created:

airgroupservice LagrandeLightSwitch
     enable
     id _hap._tcp

and

airgroupservice allowall enable

-----------------------

https://www.legrand.us/radiant/products/smart-lighting/hkrl10wh.aspx

Connection Type: Certified IEEE 802.11™ b/g/n Wi-Fi® 2.4GHz radio 
    Special Features: Works with Apple HomeKit 

I've followed the steps to factory reset and that does not work. 
    I can’t seem to get my lights to connect out of the box. Some common troubleshooting tips:
    1) Make sure your device is connected to a 2.4GHz network (and not 5GHz).
    2) Make sure you have a WPA2 secured network.
    3) If you’re still having difficulty, try factory resetting the devices completely and then attempting to connect them again.

• 2.  RE: legrand hkrl10 wireless light switch 2.4ghz and aruba iap 214

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Sep 24, 2020 05:14 PM

Sounds like some multicast issue, did you have "drop broadcast and multicast" enabled, turn it of in a multicast environment.

This can be complex without the right knownledge, please contact Aruba TAC support to assist you.

• 3.  RE: legrand hkrl10 wireless light switch 2.4ghz and aruba iap 214

Posted Sep 24, 2020 05:42 PM

I have broadcast filtering off for both the main ssid and also the 2.4ghz ssid. 

On the single iap 315 I tried turning it on and it still worked, but with 5 iap's no luck.