Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

mandatory-upgrade-only status when trying to connect to Aruba Central

This thread has been viewed 12 times
  • 1.  mandatory-upgrade-only status when trying to connect to Aruba Central

Posted Mar 15, 2016 12:11 PM
    I have several virtual controllers that won't connect to aruba central. When i run the show activate status command, i get: Activate Server :device.arubanetworks.com Activate Status :mandatory-upgrade-only What does mandatory-upgrade-only mean? Thanks!

• 2.  RE: mandatory-upgrade-only status when trying to connect to Aruba Central

Posted Mar 15, 2016 09:44 PM
    It means the IAP could not establish a fully secure connection with activate and therefore can only accept upgrade commands but not any other command. What version of code are you running?

• 3.  RE: mandatory-upgrade-only status when trying to connect to Aruba Central

Posted Mar 16, 2016 09:38 AM

i'm using 6.4.4.3-4.2.2.0_53034

• 4.  RE: mandatory-upgrade-only status when trying to connect to Aruba Central

Posted Mar 18, 2016 09:52 PM

I've gotten this error on a few other VCs that I've upgraded.  I tried downgrading to the version of firmware that they had before (6.4.3.1-4.2.0.3_52603), and that fixed one or two but not all.  We have an IP based firewall instead of domain based (I know...) so if there were any extra Aruba Central servers added in the latest firmware, that might affect my APs contacting them.  Unfortunately, my firewall logs are less than stellar too so i cant tell what's being denied.  Any changes that anyone knows of that might affect how these APs would activate on AC?

Thanks.