Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 13 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

odd DNS name

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  odd DNS name

Posted Apr 06, 2013 03:15 PM

The last 5 - 10 IAP 105's that have been added to our wireless network have showed up in Airwave and VisualRF with a domain name of foo.com. This is odd since our domain name is nothing close to that name. Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks,

TJ

• 2.  RE: odd DNS name

Posted Apr 08, 2013 03:46 PM

foo.com is pre-entered in a DNS field in the iAP setup as a default placeholder.

foo and bar are often used as placeholders, lifted from the US military use of the term FUBAR (which I'll not clarify here as the correct tranlation isn't appropriate for the forum.

You can replace it in the iAP setup field with something matching your domain.

• 3.  RE: odd DNS name

Posted Apr 08, 2013 04:17 PM

Matthew,

I don't see any reference to foo.com at the AP or in Airwave. Where specifillay do I look for this dns setting of foo.com? This is only being seen on a few AP's.

Thanks,

TJ

• 4.  RE: odd DNS name

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Apr 14, 2013 03:59 AM

Try checking the configuration on the IAP, might be under there.

Maintenance -> Configuration

• 5.  RE: odd DNS name

Posted Apr 15, 2013 03:03 PM

This shows up in VisualRF whenever I place an existing AP on the map. The AP's names displays on the map as xyz@foo.com