Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

set up DHCP on IAP 105

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  set up DHCP on IAP 105

Posted Jul 03, 2013 04:54 AM

Hello,

I have a IAP155 models that version is 6.1.3.1 3.0.0.1 and i want set up DHCP for IAP assign IP to client and has a captive portal for guest network. Can I do that?

I try to find instalation and configuration guide for this product but I can't find 

please help 

thx

• 2.  RE: set up DHCP on IAP 105

Posted Jul 03, 2013 08:54 AM

You can.   When creating the Guest SSID set the "Primary Usage" as Guest.  When this is done the SSID defaults the IP assignment to "Virtual Controller Assigned". 

The IAP uses a default scope for IP assignment, however, you can change the scope. To change the scope click  "Settings" link in the upper right corner of the screen, Next, click "Show Advanced Options" and you will see a "DHCP" tab appear.    NOTE:  we added this feature in later releases of code so you might need to upgrade to get this feature.

To download the Users Guide go to our TAC site and look under documentation > SW Users Guides > Instant.

Or click here....

• 3.  RE: set up DHCP on IAP 105

Posted Jul 03, 2013 09:09 AM

Editing my post since the video it was meant for Clearpass guest captive portal and the original question was for IAP captive portal

• 4.  RE: set up DHCP on IAP 105

Posted Jul 03, 2013 09:37 AM

Good video. 

For the original poster please note that ClearPass Guest is not needed for guest access on Instant.  The IAP has a built-in captive portal.  ClearPass Guest is an advanced guest solution that integrates with IAP and our controller solution and would be used if the basic features in IAP don't meet the needs of the project.

• 5.  RE: set up DHCP on IAP 105

Posted Jul 03, 2013 09:39 AM

Marcus, good catch I missed that it was just Captive portal but not Clearpass Captive portal

• 6.  RE: set up DHCP on IAP 105

Posted Jul 03, 2013 10:12 PM

I has a some question. how i upgrade my device to get feature that you tell me? 

Thank you for your previous answer :)

• 7.  RE: set up DHCP on IAP 105

Posted Jul 04, 2013 03:37 AM

To upgrade your IAP, go to the GUI and under the tab "Maintenance" you should see "Firmware".  Under Automatic, check for new version and then press Update or Upgrade (not sure of the name).