Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

what is the Difference between Aruba Central and Aruba Activate as I can see both for AP cloud MGMT

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  what is the Difference between Aruba Central and Aruba Activate as I can see both for AP cloud MGMT

Posted Apr 22, 2016 09:53 AM

Dears I neeed please to understand the main diffrence between aruba Centeral and Aruba Activate solution and thank you.

• 2.  RE: what is the Difference between Aruba Central and Aruba Activate as I can see both for AP cloud MGMT

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 22, 2016 09:54 AM
    Aruba Central is a cloud management platform. Aruba Activate is a cloud
    provisioning tool.

• 3.  RE: what is the Difference between Aruba Central and Aruba Activate as I can see both for AP cloud MGMT

Posted Apr 22, 2016 09:58 AM

Dear Tim Please can you gave me more information as I Understand that both can manage Instant Access points?

• 4.  RE: what is the Difference between Aruba Central and Aruba Activate as I can see both for AP cloud MGMT
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 22, 2016 10:00 AM
    Central can manage them. Think of Central like a cloud AirWave.

Activate is used to dynamically provision RAPs, IAPs and controllers to
    point them to controllers, AirWave or Central.

http://www.arubanetworks.com/assets/ds/DS_ArubaCentral.pdf

http://www.arubanetworks.com/pdf/products/FS_Activate.pdf

• 5.  RE: what is the Difference between Aruba Central and Aruba Activate as I can see both for AP cloud MGMT

Posted Jul 13, 2016 01:23 PM

Hi there,

Thanks for the explanations regarding Activate/Central so far. I was told that you can deploy RAP-155 without any users involvement. How does this work? As far as I know you have to copy out the activation key of the RAP-155 and enter it in activate to deploy a new device. Is there an easier way to do it?

• 6.  RE: what is the Difference between Aruba Central and Aruba Activate as I can see both for AP cloud MGMT

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 13, 2016 01:27 PM
    When devices are ordered, they will automatically be placed into your
    Activate account. You only need the cloud activation key to manually add
    them to your activate account.

• 7.  RE: what is the Difference between Aruba Central and Aruba Activate as I can see both for AP cloud MGMT

Posted Jul 13, 2016 01:36 PM

Thank you for your reply. What about if I have to order RAP-155 in different countries or use existing once, meaning they are not ordered for this particular customer. Is there an easy way to deploy those without involving the user (to read out the activation key)?

• 8.  RE: what is the Difference between Aruba Central and Aruba Activate as I can see both for AP cloud MGMT

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 13, 2016 01:39 PM
    You could contact Aruba TAC and have them move them.