Developer Community

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

Airwave 8.2.8.1 API - how to handle access points in new devices section

Hi all,

We are currently working on an automated AP replacement script to upgrade our access point.

The script reads all APs present in Airwave and stores their ap_id, ap_name, VisualRF site_id, x and y coordinates in a database.

When we replace one AP we would like to use the values of the old AP for VisualRF placement. Therefor we created another database storing the old ap_name and the new ap_name to match which ap replaced a certain ap.

At the moment we are facing an issue that new access points discovered end up in the "New Devices" but doesn't have any ap_id yet. Therefor it cannot be used for the API ap_update request, since you need an ap_id.

We always add ap's to a certain folder, after doing that manually the ap has a ap_id that can be used.

Is there any way to automate "New Devices" to be added to a certain folder automatically, so we don't have to intervene manually? 

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
MVP Expert

Re: Airwave 8.2.8.1 API - how to handle access points in new devices section

Default all newly discovered devices will be placed in new device list. We can automatically place the devices in any folder. Go to AMPSetup> General > Automatic Authorization section and choose folder/group from drop down list.

Note: First we need to create folders/groups in Devices>List page.

Capture.PNG

Pavan Arshewar | ACCP

If my post address your queries, give kudos and accept as solution!
NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
MVP Expert

Default all newly discovered devices will be placed in new device list. We can automatically place the devices in any folder. Go to AMPSetup> General > Automatic Authorization section and choose folder/group from drop down list.

Note: First we need to create folders/groups in Devices>List page.

Capture.PNG

Pavan Arshewar | ACCP

If my post address your queries, give kudos and accept as solution!
NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

I feel a bit stupid, I should have found this option myself.

Since I am not an Airwave engineer but just simply automating I didn't find it so easily.

Since we are replacing APs we choose option:  Same Group or Folder as closest IP neighbor

This will automatically put the AP in the correct group because older APs are still present

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: