Expand all | Collapse all

Instant Access Rest API

This thread has been viewed 34 times
  • 1.  Instant Access Rest API

Posted May 08, 2020 04:02 AM

Hi 

just to be sure....

The Document "Aruba Instant 8.6.0.x REST API Guide"

show everything that's today possible via REST API on a IAP ?

or did i miss something ?

How can i find out all the other api calls to configure the complete IAP via REST ?

Bye Mac

• 2.  RE: Instant Access Rest API
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 10, 2020 08:36 PM

Hello,

Yes, that is correct. The Aruba Instant 8.6.0.x REST API Guide lists all the endpoints that are available to use using API. All available endpoints have been grouped in one of the three types:

1) Action
    2) Configuration

3) Monitoring (show command over API)

The guide also gives more information on the login and logout method along with the payload to be used for each API endpoint.

Moreover, complete IAP configuration over a REST interface can be achieved if the IAP is managed by Aruba Central.

Thanks,
    Jay

• 3.  RE: Instant Access Rest API

MVP GURU
    Posted May 11, 2020 04:09 AM

It will be nice if there is more GET method for really get the configuration (and not the CLI ouput... not really usable for a machine !)

• 4.  RE: Instant Access Rest API

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 19, 2020 04:06 PM

Jay,

it would be very helpful if the API definition were available in OpenAPI format for importing into a Postman collection. 

I'm finding that the 8.6 API guide is inaccurate in terms of even the basics of the login process. 

When I try to access an 8.6 Instant cluster using the login as described in the guide, I get the following error:

$ curl "https://172.31.254.90:4343/rest/login" -H "Content-Type: application/json" --data-raw '("user": "admin", "passwd": "admin")' --insecure

{

"Status": "Failed",

"Error message": "Error in parsing input JSON parameters"

}

When attempting to craft the same with Postman, it includes --request GET in the curl command line, which gets me further along, but still throws an error on both curl and in Postman:

$ curl "https://172.31.254.90:4343/rest/login" --request GET --header "Content-Type: application/json" --data-raw '("user": "admin", "passwd": "admin")' --insecure

{

"Status-code": 8,

"message": "SID is missing or incorrect API name for login/logout"

}

What's going on here that the documentation is not addressing? 

Running Instant 8.6.0.3 on the cluster. 

• 5.  RE: Instant Access Rest API

MVP GURU
    Posted Jun 21, 2020 03:17 PM

Hi,

You need to use a POST (and not a GET), do you have try to use Accept : Application/json ?