Government and Military

This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Contributor I

Aruba6000-US

Hello,

This controller has  a "mobile" wlan.  Not sure how to configure it. Is there some documentation that I can read about it?  Thanks.  

6 REPLIES
Guru Elite

Re: Aruba6000-US

Does it exist already and you need to manipulate it, or you need to create one?

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Contributor I

It exists already and I need to connect it to a switch with a vlan.

Ken
Guru Elite

What VLAN that SSID is tied to is located in the Virtual AP profile.  On the controller, you can create a VLAN, assign it to a physical port on the controller as an access port or as part of an existing trunk and change the Virtual AP to that VLAN.

For example if I wanted to switch an SSID to vlan 8, I would do this:

config t

vlan 8

interface gigabitethernet x,y

switchport mode access

switchport access vlan 8

I would then go into the GUI, and find the Virtual AP that corresponds to the one I want and change it to 8...

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Contributor I

I'm not seeing a "virtual AP profile".

Guru Elite

Go to Configuration> Wireless Lan> AP Configuration.  Edit the ap-group that your access point should be in.   Expand Wireless LAN and you should see your Virtual APs in that group.

ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Highlighted
Contributor I

Ok, I see it.  Thank you very much.  Good group. First time I asked for help here.  So, thanks again.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: