Higher Education

This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Highlighted
Guru Elite

Re: 6.3.1.0 Released

EMH,

You should schedule your upgrade window with support so that they can make sure everything goes smoothly.  Since you reverted back, we do not have much to go on, but hopefully with support's assistance you can get to the bottom of it.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Remote Access Point Solution Guide
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
ArubaOS 8 ViA VPN Solution Guide
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor II

When we first moved from 6.2. to 6.3 the vlans in our vlan pooled were removed. It was a quick fix but an initial scare. We just upgraded to 6.3.1.0 from 6.3.0.0 and haven't noticed a problem but we're still monitoring.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor II

With 6.3 I'm noticing that there are sporadic user entries in the user-table where a user has two separate IPs from two different VLANs. One fo the vlans isn't even listed for the ESSID when I run "show ap essid". I have a case opened and this morning the enabled "aaa user fast-age" and am monitoring the tables manually. Has anyone else seen this?

Highlighted
Guru Elite

@rosie wrote:

With 6.3 I'm noticing that there are sporadic user entries in the user-table where a user has two separate IPs from two different VLANs. One fo the vlans isn't even listed for the ESSID when I run "show ap essid". I have a case opened and this morning the enabled "aaa user fast-age" and am monitoring the tables manually. Has anyone else seen this?

Rosie,

That would happen if a user has his wired and wireless connected or traffic from the LTE/HSPDA/EVDO radio on a phone "leaks" traffic through the wireless LAN interface.  You could also enable "Enforce DHCP" on the AAA profile so that only devices that get their ip addresses from your DHCP server are allowed in the user table.  That would of course eliminate you from having any devices on that WLAN that are statically addressed, so choose wisely.

aaa user fast-age will attempt to age those addresses out, but they will still appear for a short while.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Remote Access Point Solution Guide
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
ArubaOS 8 ViA VPN Solution Guide
Highlighted
All-Decade MVP 2020

Andy,

Does that mean that M3 controllers without embedded licening will be supported under 6.4?

Thanks,

MIke

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor II

I'm starting to see a trend with Windows 8 devices not being able to connect to either the 802.1x or the Open networks without power cycling the APs. There is no station-table or user-table data when this occurs. I don't see anything in the auth-tracebuf or user-debug logs. We are working on an AP-125 issue at the same time so there could be a correlation as all of these Windows 8 login issues are with AP-125s.

If anyone else has taken the 6.3.1.0 code are you having Windows 8 issues?

Highlighted

We have also had some AP-125 issues with 6.3.1.0 code.

I believe 6.3.1.1 will be released soon with some more AP-125 fixes. The fixes in this version should help greatly.

We have been testing these fixes. We still have some AP-125 issues, but not nearly as many as before.

Bruce Osborne - Wireless Engineer
ACCP, ACMP

All opinions written here are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of my employer or Aruba Networks

Highlighted

BTW, many here have been using Windows 8 fine with an EAP-PEAP-MSCHAPv2 WPA2 SSID.

Bruce Osborne - Wireless Engineer
ACCP, ACMP

All opinions written here are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of my employer or Aruba Networks

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor II

6.3.1.1 has been out for awhile now. Has anyone upgraded and seen a resolution to any problems they were having?

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

Upgraded to 6.3.1.1 this weekend and saw the same issue that we saw with the 6.3.1.0 upgrade, clients not being able to do anything.  Aruba TAC identified a problem with the validuser ACL:

(Aruba) (config) #ip access-list session validuser

(Aruba) (config-sess-validuser)#any any any permit position 3 ß-----corrected one

(Aruba) (config-sess-validuser)#no any any any deny  ß-------wrong one

What is strange is that, that deny line has been in our config for sometime, at least 6 months, and was not affecting clients in the previous code we were running, 6.1.3.6-Airgroup.

E