Higher Education

last person joined: 14 days ago 

Got questions on how to enable mobility in education? Submit them here!
Expand all | Collapse all

CLI command for Captive portal...

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  CLI command for Captive portal...

Posted Dec 02, 2013 04:36 PM

Anyone know the CLI commands for uploading custom login portal pages? I can't get my local controllers to upload my own CP pages. Alternatively, anyone know why custom portal pages won't upload/work on my locals for some reason?  My main production SSIDs don't seem to have a problem but I am trying to create a new guest network and now I am running into this problem.

• 2.  RE: CLI command for Captive portal...

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 02, 2013 04:54 PM

@americanmcneil wrote:

Anyone know the CLI commands for uploading custom login portal pages? I can't get my local controllers to upload my own CP pages. Alternatively, anyone know why custom portal pages won't upload/work on my locals for some reason?  My main production SSIDs don't seem to have a problem but I am trying to create a new guest network and now I am running into this problem.

You cannot upload captive portal files via the CLI, unfortunately.

Can you please let us know what step fails?

• 3.  RE: CLI command for Captive portal...

Posted Dec 02, 2013 05:00 PM

Well i run the WLAN wiz on the master controller. Then I go and upload the custom CP .htm page on it. When I go and view it, it shows up fine. Then I go to the local controller, the config has been pushed to it so I just need to add my CP page to it. I upload it as per normal, save it, then go to view it and it doesn't show up, it just shows one of the default ones (which I don't have selected) So for giggles I went and check the CP guest profile on both the master and the local, the master is showing the proper file path for the custom page, the local however is not, it shows the path for one of the defaults. On the local, the profile is all greyed out as well since its a change to be made on the master and pushed to the locals.

Am I making sense to you?

• 4.  RE: CLI command for Captive portal...

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 02, 2013 05:07 PM

Yes.

So, the Captive Portal configuration is Global, but you must upload the files on each local controller.  You need to upload the TOP level page to set the initial page on each local controller.  That is what sets what page is opened in the captive portal for each local.

EDIT:  To clarify, you must upload your landing page using the "TOP Level" setting to set the initial HTML file that the controller will open up.  This setting is local to each controller.