Higher Education

last person joined: 16 days ago 

Got questions on how to enable mobility in education? Submit them here!
Expand all | Collapse all

Google Apps + Cloudessa

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Google Apps + Cloudessa

Posted Mar 12, 2014 07:28 PM

Hello!  New here and search is not showing me anything useful on this.   Students use  Google Apps for Education here along with Chromebooks.  We have a 7210 controller + 105 APs.  My question:  Is there a way to identify the Google account that is logged into the chromebooks?  Would a RADIUS server like Cloudessa allow us to access this information?   Thank you for any info you can provide.

• 2.  RE: Google Apps + Cloudessa

Posted Mar 12, 2014 10:56 PM

No, unless their Google Apps account is the same as their wireless authentication username.  

How do the users authenticate to the wireless network?

• 3.  RE: Google Apps + Cloudessa

Posted Mar 13, 2014 05:30 AM

That would work.

I do not know how chromebooks work with stuff like single-sign-on support.

but with a service like cloudessa, you would be able to use a Google Apps user-pool for authenticating wifi users with 802.1x

• 4.  RE: Google Apps + Cloudessa

Posted Mar 13, 2014 05:42 AM

@Nesvik wrote:

That would work.

I do not know how chromebooks work with stuff like single-sign-on support.

but with a service like cloudessa, you would be able to use a Google Apps user-pool for authenticating wifi users with 802.1x

Wow, very cool.  I'd like to try that out.

http://cloudessa.com/solutions/using-google-apps-for-wifi-authentication/

I guess "show user" would show the Google Apps username if using cloudessa since it's standard WPA2-802.1X auth.

• 5.  RE: Google Apps + Cloudessa

Posted Jun 27, 2014 08:58 AM

Hi!

I'm looking to implement 802.1X authentication using google accounts as credentials and I found this thread. Anyone of you know if this is possible with Clearpass? 

Any other feedback on this subject you can share?

Best regards,

Chris

• 6.  RE: Google Apps + Cloudessa

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 27, 2014 09:09 AM
    Where are your Google accounts sourced from? Active Directory? LDAP?

• 7.  RE: Google Apps + Cloudessa

Posted Jul 21, 2014 11:12 PM

If you're using LDAP or AD for your 802.1x authentication, you can use Google Directory Sync to synchronize the account information between the local directory and Google. It's somewhat combersome, but it works and allows for difference/mapping of different OU/Group structures between Google and the local directory.

Hope that helps.

K

• 8.  RE: Google Apps + Cloudessa

Posted Jan 08, 2015 02:26 PM

We have a client who is looking at solutions from company’s such as:

The client is a school system, and does not have an Active Directory, or a local LDAP server.

The school system is 100% Google Chrome Books.  The client is looking to have (1) password for both WiFi authentication and Google App authentication.

How could we use Aruba ClearPass as an option rather using one of these unknown cloud based solutions?

Thank you for your feedback.   

• 9.  RE: Google Apps + Cloudessa

Posted Mar 05, 2015 06:31 AM

Hello

We can indeed allow users to self provision themselves on the the WiFi via 802.1X using their Google Apps login and password.  This will seamlessly login the user into the WiFi and Goggle Apps as long as they remain an active user in the Google Apps admin panel.

http://www.globalreachtech.com/google-apps-wifi-authentication/

If you are interested in this product please contact us at sales@globalreachtech.com

Kind regards

Louis Wesley

Global Reach

• 10.  RE: Google Apps + Cloudessa

MVP
    Posted Mar 05, 2015 08:25 AM

For others looking at a RADIUS federation solution, do not forget about the free solution EDUROAM.

https://www.eduroam.orghttps://www.eduroam.us/

• 11.  RE: Google Apps + Cloudessa

Posted Dec 29, 2015 09:46 AM

I must hijack this thread again. Is this still not possible to achieve only using Clearpass?

Cheers,