Higher Education

Upcoming community maintenance Oct. 27th through Oct. 29th
For more info click here
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: PS3 dropping off the network

Rosie, what rev of code are you running?

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor II

6.3.0.0 until the next maintenance window.
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor II

I've upgraded to 6.3.1.0 and I still have a problem with older PS3s not being able to connect. I am having one dropped off this week to test disabling OTA updates. What are the ramifications of doing that?

Highlighted
MVP Expert

If ARM OTA is disabled, you are not going to see super impact since ARM passive scanning will still work and this is what allows the the AP's discover each other.

But there may be some impact on the way intf_idx are calculated, but that will be quite small.

Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Architect @WEI
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
Highlighted
Aruba Employee

Hello All,

Just looking for a show of hands here.  How many of you opened TAC cases?  If a TAC case was opened, is this issue resolved?  Was it proved to be Aruba WLAN related or Sony related?  If someone could please provide a TAC case number, I would like to go and read the case notes so I can look into the issue further.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Have you or anyone else resolved the issue of PS3 systems dropping off the network?

Highlighted
New Contributor

Did anyone file a TAC?  Trying to determine the issue resolution.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Victor:  Were you able to resolve your problem with the Sony PS3s?

What was the resolution?

Steve

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor II

I have an open TAC case but the quick fix for the older PS3s was to disable the over the air arm updates on the rf/arm profile in our dorm ap configurations.
Highlighted

For what it's worth I had the same problem on my PS3 at home. It was on the network one day (and older apple AirPort Extreme) and not the next. I would scan for wireless networks and it would not see any wireless networks. I'd plug in an Ethernet and it would show a link on startup and it would go out after a bit. The ps3 didn't think that a connection was there. Tried everything under the sun to fix. My main suspect was a ps software update but while google would show lots of peeps having similar issues, they were spread over different os versions. Resetting settings had no impact.

Finally fixed by complete restore to factory settings (wipes put everything). When came back up saw the 6 or so wireless nets no problem.

It is likely just a play station problem, but I am running an Aruba RAP on the network. Wasn't connected to it, but there you are.

David Morton

University of Washington

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: