Higher Education

This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor I

Re: Regular complaints of getting disconnected coming in from students

We have been seeing this issue with OSx since 10.10.  Something interesting though - we had some of our users turn off bluetooth and they have not had a single disconnect...

I am still leaning to a driver issue and not a configuration issue...

Occasional Contributor II

We've also been dealing with this issue on 10.9 and 10.10, and have not yet found a solution. We're working with Apple and Alcatel support to find a fix. Both seem to think it's a bunch of small things that are all combining to form a big problem.

But specifically to address the 10.10 issue and bluetooth testing, has anyone checked out this link and tested with the command contained within for disabling AWDL? https://medium.com/@mariociabarra/wifried-ios-8-wifi-performance-issues-3029a164ce94

I've disabled that on my personal machine and I rarely see disconnects, although once in a blue moon it happens. It'd be awesome if others could test this out and get a community consensus on if the AWDL bluetooth issue is a contibuting factor.

We have this issue too and I think this is very relevant information from the Apple user forum :

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6825371

Best regards

Guru Elite

Rovinguser,

The thread specifically talks about 802.11h, which is not enabled by default.  Users who have 802.11h enabled should take a look at the Apple thread that you posted.

Thank you for that link.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Occasional Contributor I

I'm comfortable leaving "Advertise 802.11d and 802.11h Capabilities" disabled, but would like to enable Channel Switch Announcements (CSA).   I was under the impression that CSA was an 802.11h feature.  Does anybody have any experience enabling CSA without the other 802.11h features?  If so, does it seem to have any adverse effects on the clients?

Thanks,

Chuck Enfield

Penn State University

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: