Higher Education

This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

Re: Students and staff with Linux on WiFi

I tried the below, but it did not help.
""

netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled

Press ‘Enter’. You would see ‘Ok’ as answer. Now, type the following:

netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled

Press ‘Enter’. You would see ‘Ok’ again. Type the following now:

netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled

Press ‘Eneter’ and you would see ‘Ok’.

"

One thing i see now,  on the surface pro, if I do an " arp - av"   It shows my gateway as Type Invalid.

Highlighted

In case anyone else is having this issue with Surface Pro,

We have found that for the adapter Marvel AVASTAR 350N Wireless Network Controller, using the newest Marvel signed driver does not work when MPDU Aggregation is disabled.  However, using the Microsoft signed driver version 14.69.17064.93 does work.

We had to unistall the marvel driver and remove it from the comptuer (and repeat to get back to the Microsoft driver). 
Followed by a reboot.

~Matt

Highlighted

We're still having problems with surface pro; the work around still works; I have a few more details.

With MPDU Aggregation disabled on our wireless subnet  ( /16 ) ; the surface pro completes the 802.11 auth and assoc, completes the 802.1X auth, starts the DHCP process and usually gets an IP and then stops working.

With MPDU Aggregation ENABLED on our wireless subnet  ( /16 ) ; the surface pro  works fine.

With MPDU Aggregation disabled on a test wireless subnet  ( /27 ) ; the surface pro works fine.

I called microsoft customer support for my surface, I was told to just try updating every 2 weeks to see if it works, if it doesn't roll back to the work around driver. (14.69.17064.93)

This doesn't help the surface RT 2 which suffers the same issue.

Highlighted
Guru Elite

ArubaOS 6.3.1.2 release notes:

surface.PNG

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Video Knowledge Base
Remote Access Point Solution Guide
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
ArubaOS 8 ViA VPN Solution Guide
Highlighted

Unfortunately I am on 6.3.1.2 and am still having surface pro issues.

Highlighted
Guru Elite

MattV,

The thread title is "Students and Staff Linux on Wifi".  It is probably best that you open a separate thread for Surface issues, that way only people who have information to give on the surface participate.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Video Knowledge Base
Remote Access Point Solution Guide
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
ArubaOS 8 ViA VPN Solution Guide
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: