Location Services

last person joined: 5 days ago 

Location-based mobile app development and Bluetooth-based asset tracking with Meridian. Gathering analytics and business intelligence from Wi-Fi with Analytics and Location Engine (ALE).
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Central, ALE & Airwave

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Aruba Central, ALE & Airwave

Posted Jul 25, 2017 11:02 AM

Gurus,

I've already provisioned my IAP to the central, the question is how do i make sure the same AP can be integrated with Airwave so that heatmap and clarity can be generated?

Can i depend ALE to be solely integrated it with Aruba Central without using the airwave as the deployment involve outdoor public areas and no floor plan is available...

Thanks...

#ALE

• 2.  RE: Aruba Central, ALE & Airwave
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 26, 2017 07:46 AM
    I believe it is one or other, Central or Airwave. You must choose.

Central has clarity, you simply need a token (not sure if it is still in BETA but your local Aruba rep can tell you).

I do not believe requires visualRF floorplans but you can definitely use ALE with central as there is an option to enable it.

• 3.  RE: Aruba Central, ALE & Airwave

Posted Jul 26, 2017 07:55 AM
    Appreciate your feedback on this. The thing is we already have Airwave and central at the same time. All our iap already provisioned to the central, how can we fully utilize our Airwave?

• 4.  RE: Aruba Central, ALE & Airwave

Posted Jul 26, 2017 08:47 AM
    Two different platforms.

Airwave is a bit more feature rich than Central at this time.

I suggest talking to your account rep on the differences of both platforms and to see based on your needs what platform works for your needs. Both are great but one is probably better served for your needs than the other.

• 5.  RE: Aruba Central, ALE & Airwave

Posted Jul 26, 2017 08:49 AM
    So in other words, you can only choose either one and can't choose both right?

• 6.  RE: Aruba Central, ALE & Airwave

Posted Jul 26, 2017 09:06 AM
    Correct.

• 7.  RE: Aruba Central, ALE & Airwave

Posted Jul 26, 2017 09:24 AM
    That means we have issues as we already have central and Airwave at the same time.

• 8.  RE: Aruba Central, ALE & Airwave

Posted Jul 26, 2017 09:28 AM
    Like I said, your Aruba account team can help guide you in making the proper one for your business or requirements.