Location Services

last person joined: 4 days ago 

Location-based mobile app development and Bluetooth-based asset tracking with Meridian. Gathering analytics and business intelligence from Wi-Fi with Analytics and Location Engine (ALE).
Expand all | Collapse all

Continuous Internet connection & SDK + Cross Platform App Development

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Continuous Internet connection & SDK + Cross Platform App Development

Posted May 04, 2017 03:28 AM

Hi, i have some questions regarding the beacon based navigation and app development.

Does the App/Device need permanent internet connection for the indoor navigation? Or is only an initial connection for updating the Map/Beacon configuration needed?

Is there any supported cross-platform development tool (like Rubymotion, Cordova, etc.)? Or does the SDKs only supports native Anroid or iOS app development?

Thank you,

andy

#LocationServices
    #ALE
    #Meridian

• 2.  RE: Continuous Internet connection & SDK + Cross Platform App Development

Posted May 04, 2017 01:50 PM

Hi Andy,

My name is Shawn Kilburn and I am the Meridian team's technical writer. Thanks for your questions!

Meridian-powered apps do require a permanent internet connection for certain functions, such as blue dot location and routing. 

The Meridian SDK doesn't currently support cross-platform development tools. The SDK only supports iOS and Android app development.

Cheers,

Shawn

• 3.  RE: Continuous Internet connection & SDK + Cross Platform App Development

Posted Jul 10, 2018 06:18 AM

Hi - I'm really keen to find some way of being able to build in location validation via the Aruba Wifi hubs. The app will be used to register attendance. We are using Cordova as our platform. Are there any plugins or do you have any advice on how we can acheive this?