Highlighted
sag
New Contributor

Using the integrated BLE beacon in Aruba 305 access points without further software

I have Aruba 305 access points that correctly broadcast iBeacon frames, but there seems to be no facility to configure the major/minor and UUID settings. Is there any way to do so without Meridian or ALE?

Contributor II

Re: Using the integrated BLE beacon in Aruba 305 access points without further software

Too my knowledge this is not possible. Meridian is required to configure the UUID major/minor on Access Points and battery beacons.

I have created a feature request for you. I recommend you reach out to your local Aruba Accounts Team so you can discuss this further with them. 

sag
New Contributor

Re: Using the integrated BLE beacon in Aruba 305 access points without further software

That is a pity. Is there a cheap version of Meridian that does only that configuration? I really just need to set up UUID/Major/Minor, because for the other stuff we have other existing solutions.

Contributor II

At a glance I think the technically correct way to get this capabilty would be to purchase the following product codes:

JZ091AAE

JZ092AAE

This would, however, see you with full map and Blue Dot navigation for up to 100K sqft or 10K sqm (for a year). It would allow you to generate UUID major minor, but you wouldn't have a choice of the UUID.

I will see what else I can find out for you but again I would encourage you to get in touch with your local Account Team. 

sag
New Contributor

Thank you for your efforts. I've priced it up and regardless of the numbers it is always cheaper to purchase a separate iBeacon (not from Aruba) than to use the built-in ones. Are you sales people aware of this?

Guru Elite

There are tons of ibeacons on the market with varying capabilities.  Many of them that nobody would really want to use.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
New Contributor

With AOS 8.4, the team has extended the configuration capabilities from the controller/VC to allow configuration of your APs UUID/Major/Minor/TxPower. You should be able to find the commands in the CLI reference guide.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: