Location Services

last person joined: 3 days ago 

Location-based mobile app development and Bluetooth-based asset tracking with Meridian. Gathering analytics and business intelligence from Wi-Fi with Analytics and Location Engine (ALE).
Expand all | Collapse all

What happens when I have 4 APs close to each other

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  What happens when I have 4 APs close to each other

Posted Feb 26, 2014 04:33 PM

Can someone please explain the sequence what happen if you install 4 APs close to each other, mainly on the 2.4 gig . Thanks

• 2.  RE: What happens when I have 4 APs close to each other

Posted Feb 26, 2014 06:24 PM

When you have APs too close to each other you could experience some performance issues even if the APs are on different channels since the channel side bands could still make an impact on the other channel and create radio congestion.

That's why is recommended to have APs 25-30 feet apart 

2014-02-18 13_02_14-24.61.6.251_22 - Tera Term VT.png

121146.jpg

• 3.  RE: What happens when I have 4 APs close to each other

Posted Feb 26, 2014 08:59 PM

Thank you for your reply.  

any idea which channel DFS attempt to use for the 4th AP with channels 1, 6 and 11 used by the othe APs near by?

• 4.  RE: What happens when I have 4 APs close to each other

Posted Feb 26, 2014 09:33 PM

DFS is use with UNII 2 extended 5Ghz 

In regards to the channel assignment if you have ARM turned on , the APs usually scans other channels then it analyzes the interference level seen on other channels and this information is send back to the controller and based on this information the controller will make the best decision on what channel/power each AP will be assigned