AMON data is not getting updated after upgrade.
AMON data is not getting updated after upgrading the server to 8.2.0.
AMP Version : 8.2.0
AMON data is not getting updated after upgrading the server to 8.2.0. In the Amon log we can see the following message is getting skipped by enabling qlog for Amon in Airwave.
# qlog enable amon amon_dump amon_dump_raw
After 15 minutes we can disable the above amon Topic,
# qlog disable amon amon_dump amon_dump_raw
We can the amon qlog topics output in the following path.
We can open the log amon using the following command,
# vi amon
2182 papi|dropping payload from 10.129.96.2 because id is not found 2182 papi|dropping payload from 10.129.96.2 because id is not found 2182 papi|dropping payload from 10.129.96.2 because id is not found 2182 papi|dropping payload from 10.129.96.2 because id is not found
1. In Airwave controller was added using loopbackip before the upgrade.
2. We need to confirm the ip address to which the Amon data is sent from the controller,
Because in 8.2 design changes to PAPI daemon, AMON messages are dropped at PAPI daemon if AMON message source_ip is not one of apparent_ip, amon_ip, aruba_switch_ip.
We can confirm the ip address by executing the following command,
#show datapath session | include 8211 10.129.96.2 10.17.171.131 17 8211 8421 0/0 0 0 1 1/0 13 0 0 FYCI 10.129.96.2 10.17.171.131 17 8211 8419 0/0 0 0 1 1/0 15 0 0 FYCI 10.129.96.2 10.17.171.157 17 8211 8211 0/0 0 0 21 1/0 15d 0 0 FYI
The above output confirms that the Amon data is sent from 10.129.96.2.
3. verified the ip interface to confimr the vlan details by executing the following command,
(Aruba) #show ip interface brief Interface IP Address / IP Netmask Admin Protocol vlan 1 10.129.96.2 / 255.255.255.224 up up vlan 2 126.96.36.199 / 255.255.255.0 up up vlan 10 unassigned / unassigned up down vlan 31 188.8.131.52 / 255.255.255.0 up down
4. From the above about we can confirm the information is forwarded from vla1 ip.
5. We need to update the vlan1 ip in the Airwave by navigating to the controllers manage page -> Device Communication -> IP Address: -> Save & Apply.
Once after updating the ip address we can will see the the Amon information getting updated.