AWMS Upgrade Process :-
WHAT CHANGES DURING AN UPGRADE?
1. The code
2. The data
HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN (THE QUICK ANSWER)?
1. Download upgrade package (ie AMP-7.0.7-cvs.tar.gz) to /root/
2. Move current code base to /root/svn_old
3. Unpack contents to /root/svn/
WHAT ELSE DOES IT DO?
- logs upgrade process to /tmp/AMP-x.x.x-upgrade.log
- start_amp_upgrade executes version-specific amp_upgrade
- before make: stop_amp_services
- after make: /usr/local/airwave/bin/enable_amp --restart_daemons
OTHER CHECKS IN THE SCRIPT
- make sure that nightly maintenance isn't running
- check for patches, offers user to cancel upgrade
- check if new kernel recommended
- check to see if it's a non-Aruba branded product. If it's Proxim or Alcatel, tells customer whom to contact.
- check that OS is valid for version of code
- save most recent nightly backup as pre-upgrade-x.x.x-data.tar.gz
- check that selinux is disabled
WHERE CAN THE UPGRADE PROCESS FAIL?
If AMP doesn't have access to the internet, it won't be able to dowload the upgrade package. Customer will need to download the upgrade package manually from the Support download page and copy it to the /root directory, then run the upgrade script again.
Otherwise it's almost always during the make.
- make: *** [check_awrrd_migration_space]
- make: *** [updatedb]
In /root/svn/mercury/Makefile, find out what that function does:
### Begin Makefile Code
updatedb: libperl all_dirs updatefs non_root_logs set_visualrf_file_perms $(PHASE1)
(cd $(JAVALIB); JAVA_HOME=$(JRE_HOME) $(RUN_AS_VISUALRF) ./mdm_schema.sh)
(cd $(JAVALIB); JAVA_HOME=$(JRE_HOME) $(RUN_AS_VISUALRF) ./visualrf_schema.sh)
### End Makefile Code
The updatedb function runs other functions (libperl, all_dirs, updatefs, etc, etc), then it runs 4 scripts.