Configuration requirement to show Apprf data in Airwave
What are all the configuration paramater required to show App-rf data and graph on Airwave.
App-rf data and graph in Airwave is based AMON data source from the Aruba controller.
In this article we will go through with the required configuration on Airwave and on controller to make sure App-rf data is sent to Airwave from controller to populate App-rf data and graph on Airwave.
Please make sure the following options are enabled in Airwave:
- Enable AMON Data Collection is set to yes in AMP Setup-->General under Additional AMP Services
- Enable AppRF Data Collection is set to yes in AMP Setup-->General under Additional AMP Services
- AppRF Storage Allocated (GiB) Greater than or equal to 2 GiB: configure the required disk space allocation in Airwave server to store App-rf data.
- Prefer AMON vs SNMP Polling: is set to yes in AMP Setup-->General under Additional AMP Services
in the firewall make sure UDP port 3211 is allowed between Aruba controller and Airwave.
Please make sure the following configurations are made on the Contorller.
- On the Aruba controller make sure apprf is enabled from the UI.
- Run the following command to verify the amon profile that will be used to add the mgmt server to make sure the topics Stats, Sessions, monitored info, Misc, Location is enabled. App RF data will be send only when sessions is enabled.
- #show mgmt-server profile default-amp
Mgmt Config profile "default-amp" (Predefined (changed))
Monitored Info Enabled
UCC Monitoring Enabled
AirGroup Info Disabled
If sessions is disabled then use the following commands to enabled it.
Login to the master controller [if not master local setup then on all the controllers] and run the following command to enable session in the default-amp mgmt server profile.
(3600Controller) # config t
(3600Controller) (config) # mgmt-server profile default-amp
(3600Controller) (Mgmt Config profile "default-amp") # sessions-enable
(3600Controller) (Mgmt Config profile "default-amp") #write mem
(3600Controller) (Mgmt Config profile "default-amp") # exit
(3600Controller) (config) # exit
Run the following command to verify the amon profiled is used in the mgmt server.
# show mgmt-servers
Login to Airwave and naviate to Home--> Apprf to verify the data and graphs.
If we still have issues in populating graphs and data in Airwave then enabled qlog for amon_dump_raw from Airwave command line and let it run for 15 to 30 minutes then disable the logging and contact support with the /var/log/amp_diag/amon_dump_raw
Please run the following command to enable the debug and let it run for 30 minutes and then disable it.
To enable :
# qlog enable amon_dump_raw
To disable :
# qlog disable amon_dump_raw