Floor plans won't display; VisualRF slow or out of memory; grid cell size too small
Due to a bug in AWMS 6.2, when importing floor plans the grid cell size for some floors may get set to 2x2 when it should be set to something much larger.
This bug has been fixed in AWMS 6.3, but the grid cell sizes may need to be adjusted manually for some floors.
To determine this, you can enter a custom URL to display grid cell diagnostic data...
Go to the VisualRF > Floor Plans page and modify the URL as follows:
In the page that comes up you should see an entry for each floor that looks something like this:
<site id="e58c..." name="Floor 1" current-gridsize="2.0" suggest-gridsize="8" />
Any floor where the suggest-gridsize is larger than the current-gridsize by a factor of about 2 or more may cause excessive amounts of CPU and memory to be used, sometimes causing VisualRF to run out of memory no matter how much memory has been allocated.
- Go to the VisualRF > Floor Plans page
- Click on the icon for the campus, then the icon for the building containing the floor in question
(You should now be at the building view where you see a diagram of the building and can click on individual floors in it.)
- Right-click on the floor in question
- Select Edit from the menu
- In the dropdown menu for Grid Cell size select something closer to the suggest-gridsize shown for that floor in the XML output --preferably at or above the suggest-gridsize.
Example: if the suggest-gridsize is 8, choose something like 10x10.
When you've finished modifying the floors as needed, restart VisualRF --this can be done by simply clicking on the <Save> button on the VisualRF > Setup page.
NOTE: If precise client location is not a high priority, grid cell sizes can be set higher to use fewer resources (CPU and RAM).