How to reset ALE admin password
- ALE version 2.0 and above
- Root access to ALE CLI
We can reset the admin password to default using the below provided steps. Default password would be "welcome123"
- Login to ALE CLI as a root user
- Go to the below path
[root@ale ~]# cd /opt/ale/ale-jwebapp
- Once we are in this location move to the shell prompt using the below command,
[root@ale ale-jwebapp]# bin/dbcli.sh
- When we are in the shell the prompt will look as " ij>"
- Execute the below command to reset the admin password
ij> update commonschema.users set password = '$2a$10$OCmD9rZRUcZMZd2ygyCmOebaxTADX.IL6DhBP2Ysn4H8xJ1RAAy4u' where userid = 'admin';
- Once done we can exit from the shell prompt using "ctrl+D"
- If you use a name other than admin, you can change your user's password by modifying the where clause above. For example, to change John's password to default, we can use the below command
ij> update commonschema.users set password = '$2a$10$OCmD9rZRUcZMZd2ygyCmOebaxTADX.IL6DhBP2Ysn4H8xJ1RAAy4u' where userid = 'john';
Password will be reset to "welcome123"
Now you should be able to login to the web interface of ALE using the default username and password.