Installing AMP 7.7 on RHEL 6.4
This article covers the basic installation steps required to install AMP 7.7 on RHEL 6.4.
Note that depending upon the initial server configuration you may need to install or remove additional packages.
Note that customizations to your RHEL install may result in additional steps being necessary.
Environment: RHEL 6.4 and AMP 7.7
1. Install base RHEL OS as a Basic Server.
2. Get AMP code in place
You can do this using either the .iso or .tar files. The process differs slightly but the end result is the same:
- copy the .iso to the server (eg. /root/AMP-7.7.0-x86_64.iso)
- mount the .iso (eg. mount -o loop /root/AMP-7.7.0-x86_64.iso /media)
- install the airwave rpm from the iso (eg. rpm -Uvh /media/Packages/airwave-amp-installer*)
- unmount the .iso (eg. umount /media)
- copy the .tar file to the server (eg. /root/AMP-7.7.0-x86_64-cvs.tar.gz)
- untar the file (eg. tar xzf /root/AMP-7.7.0-x86_64-cvs.tar.gz)
- create a link to amp-install (eg. cd /root; ln -s ./svn/mercury/install/amp-install amp-install)
3. Install/remove requisite rpms
rhn_register as needed
yum install the following rpms:
libXpm gd compat-expat1 openssl098e compat-readline5 compat-libtermcap xinetd vsftpd compat-openldap libtool-ltdl apr pakchois libproxy neon subversion pam_ldap nscd
yum remove the following rpms:
4. Ensure firewall and selinux are disabled.
The easiest way to confirm/change these settings is to use the Red Hat Setup Utility (# setup), which should be included with the base OS install.
5. Run /root/amp-install and proceed with AMP installation.
Per my previous email on selinux, STEP 4 will check the status of both selinux and firewall:
STEP 2: Checking for previous AMP installation
Previous AMP installation not found.
WARNING: SELINUX needs to be disabled in order to continue with the install.
Would you like to disable SELINUX and continue with the install? (y/n): y
WARNING: IPTABLES has a reject all rule for the INPUT chain.
This will most likely block users from interacting with the product.