Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

2930M monitoring

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  2930M monitoring

Posted Nov 14, 2018 12:13 PM

I'm wanting to monitor several stacks of 2930Ms but I can't find any clear procedures on it. I found some ZTP configuration info but I definetly dont want anything taking over the switches. Is there an easy guide to follow for monitoring only? I've also got a 5400r core that need monitoring as well.

I added the device in Airwave as you would a controller but it wont connect.

I also found this command for the switches: 

amp-server ip <IP-ADDR | IPv6-ADDR> group <GROUP> folder <FOLDER> secret <SECRET>

What and where is the secret configuration in Airwave? I looked around but coun't find anything. I'm wanting to just use community strings.

Switch version: WC.16.05.0007

Airwave version: 8.2.6.1

#2930M
    #2930M

• 2.  RE: 2930M monitoring

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Nov 14, 2018 04:41 PM
    Configure your switch and in airwave for snmpv3.

• 3.  RE: 2930M monitoring

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 14, 2018 10:24 PM

Assuming you've added the switch into AirWave from the Device Setup -> Add.

1) Set creds for AirWave to communicate with switch

Navigate to Devices -> folder where switch is in -> select switch -> manage tab.  Update desired SNMP v2 or v3 creds, then save and apply.

2) By default we use SNMP v2.  If you want v3, then you have to go to the Group that the switch is in -> Basic tab -> settings are grouped by device type, find the SNMP setting and update from 2 -> 3, then save and apply.