Network Management

Aruba Employee

Re: 7.4 Upgrade Notes

Hi Ben,

As Jason said before, 7.4 upgrade packages and installation software are under Aruba support site. I believe you were checking under airwave.com/support where 7.3.7 is last updated release. Please login to arubaneworks.com/support and navigate to Airwave section for 7.4 packages. If you do not have access to Aruba support sitr. Please open send us an email to support@arubanetworks.com for login access we can create one. Alternatively yo can also do so from Aruba support site.

Regards

Gowri

Regular Contributor I

got it , didnt know that airwave iso/upgrades also are avail via support website of aruba directly . well the link to 7.4.0 via the KB of airwave in the 64bit article "how to upgrade" still not working,

perhaps they will fix this laters this year,

thanks!

ben

Regular Contributor I

silly question  - in which case i need this 27kb 7.4.0 upgrade script ? or the 7.4.2 upgrade script ?

the process is still the same inside 7.4.x or ? i always did it the way like : start_amp_upgrade -v 7.x  .. do i have to fetch the upgrade script aswell and put in same location like the 250mb upgrade package?

im asking cause i didnt read anything in the 64bit upgrade article and im now about to upgrade the AMP 7.3.7-64bit to 7.4.0

regards

Contributor II

Yes - you need the new upgrade script.  It has the "new" location of the installer files.

Put it in the same location as the older script.

Regular Contributor I

Sounds good, if following "stupidly" the upgrade informations :

• Please download the 7.4.0 upgrade package from the link given below:

http://airwave.com/download/AMP-7.4.0-x86_64-cvs.tar.gz

• Please copy the package to /root directory and then run the following command, from the AMP's CLI using the root credentials: start_amp_upgrade -v 7.4.0

Note: If you run into any errors, please email the following file, to Support: /tmp/AMP-7.4.0-upgrade.log

, accidentally they dont mention any upgrade_script to exchange ... therefore in my case running 7.3.7-64bit i will put

this file "AMP-7.4.0-amp_upgrade"  in same location where the start_amp_upgrade is .. right? and start normally this command :

start_amp_upgrade -v 7.4.0

when finished i repeat this for 7.4.2 too... right?

regards

New Contributor

**Verify that your Airwave box OS is 64 bit'

Use this command to verify: 'uname -a'

Output: Linux airwave.umc.ufl.edu 2.6.18-238.19.1.el5 #1 SMP Sun Jul 10 08:43:41 EDT 2011 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

(The above confirms that OS is 64 bit)

One important thing to remember is to make sure the 7.4 upgrade image is on your Airwave box.

Use WINSCP to copy the file to your Airwave box /root directory.

Make sure your AW box is SSH and log into the box and drag and drop the image.

You can then begin the upgrade by inputting the following command:

start_amp_upgrade -v 7.4.2

The process will start and was very quick  and downtime was minimal.

Hope the above helps.

Highlighted
Contributor II

bg - that is the new upgrade script - you will not need to download that again.  The install script will copy the 7.4.0 and later images for installation and upgrade - automagically.  No need to download the disk image; unless your AMP does not have internet access.

New Contributor

When I run the command uname -a I get the following on one of our AMP boxes.   I believe the box is capable of 64 bit.   Does this result mean it is not or only that the current version of AMP is 32 bit?

Linux amp01.dpsk12.org 2.6.18-194.3.1.el5PAE #1 SMP Thu May 13 13:48:44 EDT 2010                       i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

Regular Contributor II

Can I go from 7.3.7 directly to 7.4.3 or do I have to upgrade to 7.4.0 first?

Aruba Employee

Please check the release notes. That typically tells you the upgrade path.
Thanks,

Zach Jennings
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: