Network Management

Highlighted
Regular Contributor I

Re: 7.4 Upgrade Notes

in my case i now have some 7.3.7-64bit release installed, i will now copy the "offline" 200mb package and will upgrade like the last times in same way. it's nice to know that there's some automatic "online" upgrade script. in my case i wont need this.

i will upgrade in this path :

7.3.7->7.4.0-> 7.4.2 , so 7.4.3 is released ?

regards

ben

Highlighted
Aruba Employee

@bg wrote:

in my case i now have some 7.3.7-64bit release installed, i will now copy the "offline" 200mb package and will upgrade like the last times in same way. it's nice to know that there's some automatic "online" upgrade script. in my case i wont need this.

i will upgrade in this path :

7.3.7->7.4.0-> 7.4.2 , so 7.4.3 is released ?

regards

ben

Yes, 7.4.3 was released on 12/6/2011, according to the support site. I have not yet upgraded to it.

Thanks,

Zach Jennings
New Contributor

Anyone running an older 32-bit version of Airwave, I got these upgrade steps from TAC and they worked out well.  I took a VM image of the old server and ran the upgrade on it with no real issues.  The new 7.4.2 version is pretty slick so far.

1. Download the 32-bit upgrade package

2. Use a file transfer tool like winSCP and place the upgrade package in the /root directory.

3. Login to GUI and copy the license from Home>License including the "Begin License"  and "End License" lines and save it in an external disk.

4. Log into CLI and enter the following command :

#start_amp_upgrade -v 7.2.5

5. Once the upgrade is completed, run the following command to take the 32-bit backup.

#amp_backup

6. Use a file transfer tool like winSCP to copy the 32-bit backup from /alternatives/databackup.tar.gz and save it in an external disk.

7. Download the 64-bit ISO file for AMP version 7.2.5.

8. Burn a CD from the AMP software image.(ISO burning instructions can be found in the AirWave Quick Start Guide available at http://support.arubanetworks.com)

9. Do fresh install of 7.2.5.64 bit.

10. Once the upgrade is completed, Place the backup file in /tmp and  run the following command to restore backup.

# amp_restore -d   /tmp/databackup.tar.gz

11. Download the 7.4.0 upgrade package  from the link below and place it in /root directory.

12. Run the below command to upgrade the AMP to 7.4.0

# start_amp_upgrade –v  7.4.0

13. Once the upgrade complete use the below command to check if the upgrade was successful.

# amp_version

Highlighted
Regular Contributor I

i did same steps like you but not with 7.2.5, more with 7.3.7 , those are just the paths described in the kb , therefore there are many ways and aslong as you just keep along the KB details then you're fine for sure.

regards

Highlighted
Regular Contributor I

silly question : my demo license expired 1-2 days ago and i just put the 7.4.0-64bit upgrade package on the 7.3.7-64bit upgrade and did "start_amp_upgrade v 7.4.0" .

is this a problem during upgrading if the license is already expired? , cause it seemed that the upgrade ran fine, but well the license was still expired ;-)

it's some testlab system so no prio on this , just an internal demolab installation for having airwave running to show customers.

regards

ben

Highlighted
Regular Contributor I

Just wanted to report my upgrade went very smoothly from 7.3.7 -> 7.4.3.

I downloaded the package manually and placed it in /root and then ran #start_amp_upgrade -v 7.4.3

The whole process took about 30 minutes including the reboot after kernel upgrade.

-ELiasz

-------------------
ACDX, ACCP, CISSP, CWNA
Highlighted
Regular Contributor I

Looks like I spoke to soon. Nothing major but all my controller are now showing Mismatched because of a bunch of MAC errors:

AAA Profile 'AmigoPod-aaa_prof' MAC Authentication Server Group(not set)default

There is an entry for all of the AAA profiles on each controller under mismatch.

Also all of my RAP devices are now mismatched with an error:

Remote APYesNo

Doing an Import for each group under Audit looks to resolve the issue for Controllers, but I'm not sure about the mismatch on the RAPs. There is no Import under Audit for APs, and I don't want to manually got to manage for each device and switch it to Remote AP (YES). And when I switch that it asks for Usernames and IKE PSK which do not apply all the RAPs are all RAP-2.

I will open a ticket with support to log into the RAP issues

-ELiasz

-------------------
ACDX, ACCP, CISSP, CWNA
Highlighted
Regular Contributor I

When the license expires, pretty much everything on the back end continues to function, including data collection. Only the web UI is disabled. 

Highlighted
Regular Contributor I

In general, major upgrades work across up 1 or 2 major versions. From 7.0, you can go to 7.1 or 7.2 directly, but going to 7.3 isn't officially supported. 

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi

Do you know if an AWMS upgrade form 7.2.2 to 7.4.8 is supported or do I need to upgrade to a inbetween version first?

Thanks

S