Network Management

Highlighted

Re: 7.4 Upgrade Notes

Upgrading from 7.2.x to 7.4.x is supported in one step.  However, if your 7.2 installation is using a 32-bit OS, you'll need to migrate to 64-bit as a part of this. 

Highlighted
New Contributor

Thanks, currently we run this:

ILooking at the below this is 64 bit already right?

[root@XXXXXXX mercury]# uname -a
Linux XXXXXXXXX.internal 2.6.18-194.32.1.el5 #1 SMP Wed Jan 5 17:52:25 EST 2011 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Highlighted

Yes, that's 64-bit.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Excellent, thanks for all your help.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

Guys quick question. Looks like I updated succesfully. But when i log into my server I still get the following message even though i'm upgraded to 7.4.8 and everything works fine. I have no linux experiance so anything would help:

#################################################################

Welcome to AirWave.

Please run "./amp-centos-upgrade" to complete the upgrade.

#################################################################

I did as they ask and It cannot find hte final even though I have the file moved to the root directory

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

I just finished upgrading from 7.1.3 to 7.4.8 as well.

As it has been mentioned in this post, I had to first go from 32-bit to 64-bit, which I decided to do right off the bat in 7.1.3.  This was painless, as I backed up the data and then a fresh built (or migrated - as Aruba refers it) the server to 7.1.3 64-bit then restored the data.

Then I went to 7.2.5, which was painless as well.

But then when I tried going from 7.2.5 to 7.4.8 (which is supposed to work) it got stuck and eventually crashed on me.  I could not restore it at all and had to do a fresh build of AirWave 7.2.5 and then restore from the data that was available.  Then I consoled into the server and did the exact same steps of upgrading from 7.2.5 to 7.4.8 and it worked.  I was told by TAC that it failed the first time because my SSH session (from my computer to the server) timed out.  This still does not make sense to me since the command is executed in the server and should be irrelivant of the SSH session but that is the case.  He did suggest that if I am doing a SSH session I should also be doing a 'screen' session.

Well, it is running 7.4.8 now but I thought I would share this will everyone.  It is a long and time consuming process.

Sameer Shakya
Bwanso IT Solutions (BITS) Inc.